Inspiron 1545 & OSX Snow Leopard / Lion

fallen00sniper

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do, thanks for all the help, hopefully tomorrow I will have something running and questions on getting it 100% stable.

Before I actually start, for when I do start installing on my other hard drive, if I chose to install Lion first then windows, etc. how would I get the bootloader back to chameleon?

Ok, finally got VMware to work with the image I've had, just had to re-extract it and use my older version 8.x since my new one 9.x wouldn't work with the virtualization bypass.

So, hopefully tomorrow or tonight I will finally get into the nitty gritty of getting this laptop 100% with your knowledge and expert advice, thanks again for creating this site, I for one would be lost without it.

I take that back, it still will not work with software virtualization, guess I will just have to pull my old laptops cpu and swap them. :/

Surgery complete, hope this works now lol

Ok, got everything setup and going as far as preparing to install, but between 17 and 12 minutes remaining on install the system locks up, boots fine to the installer and everything there works right up to installing the system.

Any ideas on why installation locks up?

Now locks up while booting to installer.

IMAG0001.jpg

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 x64 (D630 pull for vt-x)

AHCI

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card (same as D630 so compatible / maybe with kext)

I should be fine running on this laptop, i used

EHCIacquire=Yes -v -f

and it worked better until Disk Utility went to unmount the partition I have prepared for Lion.