Install on Dell Latitude E6530

neatbender

Hello Jake-Lo

thank for the bluetooth kext, it is working fine !

the next step is to try the hdmi, when the system will be fully ok,

for information, i have use the extra that you post here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2504-installing-ml-on-dell-e6530/

the DSDT from EDP database didn't work for me , because i thing my processor is i7-3520M and not QM ???

now my system is working but i don't know if it is fully configured correctly ? SDcard didn't work , and i don't have any usb3 to test !

is the sound working also in hdmi?

thank again for your support

• Moderators

Hmm, EDP shows this specs:

Dell Latitude E6530 (i7 3520M & NVS 5200M)

My DSDT and SSDT are for i7 -3720QM & nvs5200m

HDMI sound does work, I've tested that. For SDcard, you might have to modify the deviceID. Use system info.app to find what it is and put it in info.plist

You'll need to install Java for this app to work

System Info.app.zip

super , it is working fine , thank a lot !

edit: the SD card is not anymore recognized if i click "Eject" and remove the card from the reader , and reinsert ?

re edit: after some minutes, the card reader is coming back !!! ???

now my next trouble is Shut down ! it is working but many time it is very very long, and some time very fast ! any ideas ?

thank again

• Administrators

use console app and see if cache generation is timing out. if so then you need to see what kext is causing it. many times it is caused if you have AppleACPIPlatform.kext in E/E and also still have the original one in S/L/E. you would need to backup the original to somewhere for safe keeping incase you need it ever and the remove it from S/L/E. after that run a myfix. the version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext

that does not break cache generation in E/E needs to be Version 1.3.5