New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

Tried the no log version, no difference, so installed debug version for logs

1. Still no trackstick scrolling
  2. Can't click and drag with trackstick
  3. After scrolling with touchpad and stop with finger still on the touchpad, the page will shake slightly

Added the log so you could see if this could be fix. This is for the E6420

attachicon.gifsystem.log.zip

For the E6530, the debug version works, no more crashing. 

1. Z value is not set, had to use more pressure to move cursor with touchpad
  2. Trackstick not working, can't click and drag
  3. Weird, the page don't shake like it does with E6420 after scrolling and still have finger on touchpad
  4. but the cursor does shake when just moving cursor around and still have finger on touchpad, but not all the time. I think it's because it sensed second finger hovering above 

E6530 log attachicon.gifE6530_system.log.zip

From your log(E6420), I couldn't find any part about trackstick button pressed.

I think I found some different part between my system(E6410) and yours.

Please try step-by-step with attached files.

- 0.zip is pure build from latest source from GitHub. Please check trackstick click button for the E6420 and working for the E6430.

- 1.zip is modded build from 0.zip. Please check trackstick scrolling.

• Moderators

I think project setting for release build has some problem.

Please check with no_log.zip(debug build but has no log). If you have a problem, try with Debug.zip and share the log.

Just tested this on an E6410, trackstick works great with scrolling. Only thing I notice is the mouse it goes reverse. When I pull up, it goes down. When I pull down, it goes up like in Windows. 

Just tested this on an E6410, trackstick works great with scrolling. Only thing I notice is the mouse it goes reverse. When I pull up, it goes down. When I pull down, it goes up like in Windows. 

I'm not sure why... I modified trackstick only. Mouse scrolling is as-is. 

Please test with 0.zip & 1.zip and share the result.

(I'm using kext in 1.zip on E6410 now - so, please share the result of E6420/E6430)

• Moderators

I'm not sure why... I modified trackstick only. Mouse scrolling is as-is. 

Please test with 0.zip & 1.zip and share the result.

(I'm using kext in 1.zip on E6410 now - so, please share the result of E6420/E6430)

I meant when scrolling with the trackstick it's reverse. Scrolling with touchpad is fine.

Just tested 0 and 1 on E6420. With 0 it's like rehabmanMerge version, still not trackstick scroll, click and drag and the cursor jumped when you lift finger from trackstick. With version 1, it's the same as your debug version. No click and drag, trackstick scrolling. 

system_e6420_1.log.zip

Haven't have a chance to test on E6530 yet.

I meant when scrolling with the trackstick it's reverse. Scrolling with touchpad is fine.

Just tested 0 and 1 on E6420. With 0 it's like rehabmanMerge version, still not trackstick scroll, click and drag and the cursor jumped when you lift finger from trackstick. With version 1, it's the same as your debug version. No click and drag, trackstick scrolling. 

attachicon.gifsystem_e6420_1.log.zip

Please test like this on E6420.

In terminal,

> tail -f /var/log/system.log | grep left=1

And Press Trackstick Left Button, Can you see the log like this?

kernel[0]: Dispatch relative pointer with x=0, y=0, left=1, right=0, middle=0, (z=0, not reported)

• Moderators

Please test like this on E6420.

In terminal,

> tail -f /var/log/system.log | grep left=1

And Press Trackstick Left Button, Can you see the log like this?

kernel[0]: Dispatch relative pointer with x=0, y=0, left=1, right=0, middle=0, (z=0, not reported)

Nope, nothing shows up.

• Like 1

Nope, nothing shows up.

It seems button event is not delivered. I don't know why but I want to find why.

Can you give me whole log file? I want to see from initialization to click event process.

1. Delete all system.log files

> sudo rm /var/log/system.log*

2. Reboot

3. Use trackstick with left/right/middle button about 30 second.

4. Copy system.log file

> cp /var/log/system.log ~/Desktop

I need both version - 0.zip & 1.zip to compare.

attachicon.gifsystem_e6420_1.log.zip

I changed trackstick scrolling direction and share Release build file.

For my system(E6410), it works fine.

Changes (From latest Rehabman Merge)

- No cursor movement after release trackstick.

- Enable Scrolling with trackstick middle button.

- Prevent touchpad touch when trackstick button clicked.

(When I click trackstick button to click or drag, sometimes my finger touches the touchpad. This produced multi click event, so I disabled touchpad when trackstick button pressed)

Release.zip

• Like 1

• Moderators

It seems button event is not delivered. I don't know why but I want to find why.

Can you give me whole log file? I want to see from initialization to click event process.

1. Delete all system.log files

> sudo rm /var/log/system.log*

2. Reboot

3. Use trackstick with left/right/middle button about 30 second.

4. Copy system.log file

> cp /var/log/system.log ~/Desktop

I need both version - 0.zip & 1.zip to compare.

Here you go. Hope this helps. 

Question: Should I replace synapticsconfigload and Voodoops2Daemon too for each version?

both_logs.zip

Here you go. Hope this helps. 

Question: Should I replace synapticsconfigload and Voodoops2Daemon too for each version?

attachicon.gifboth_logs.zip

In both logs, device loading is normal but you couldn't use any trackstick button.

I thought that you could use trackstick buttons with 0.zip at least.. So, this issue is not from my mod.

I didn't make any changes on those two files(synapticsconfigload/Voodoops2Daemon), but I don't know what kind of version you used before.

Please test with two files from 0.zip or 1.zip - (no difference between 0.zip and 1.zip)

How was RehabmanMerge you used before? If trackstick buttons were normal with it, I'll track changes.