New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

In the constant pursue for multitouch greatness in my hackintosh (right now i don't have multitouch or scrolling).. i downloaded ALPS-TouchPad-Driver-v7.zip unzipped and installed the "Release" version

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# cp -rp VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# myfix -t /

Checking for PS2 Extensions i found this:

bash-3.2# ls -ld /Extra/Extensions/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Jul 12 16:00 /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2# ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:08 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.dSYM

- Myhack plugins contains VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, VoodooPS2Contoller.kext, VoodooPS2Mouse.kext, VoodooPS2Keyboard.ext, is that right ?

Rebooted

And got panic, in fact double fault !!

Took a screenshot and here is what i think the relevant part:

FIPS USER Space POST: Success

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint ED Report: { 0x88, 0x08, 0x1d }

VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.3 Loaded...

No interval found for . Using 8000000

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d

Initializing touchPad hardware... this may take a second,

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff80002b91b9): "Double fault at 0xffffff8000029e3fd, registers:\" "CR0: 0x0000000000001686e0\n" "RAX:  0x0000000000001686e0, RBX: 0x00000

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU,3), Frame: Return Address

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0xffffffff80f0413890

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Tried again but now with Rehabman merge obtained from here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2460

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2# rm -rf /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

ls: /Extra/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2# cp -rp Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Extra/Extensions

bash-3.2# cp Release/VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin

bash-3.2# cp Release/synapticsconfigload /usr/bin

bash-3.2# myfix -t /

checking on PS2 extensions:

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Sep  8 23:58 /Extra/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

bash-3.2#  ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

ls: /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2#  ls -ld /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/*PS2*

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext.dSYM

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Nov 29 13:49 /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.dSYM

Rebooted, no panic, the trackpad "moves" but is unusable.. it don't respond well to the movements, checked and the VoodooPS2Daemon process is running, the prefpanel opens fine, but the trackpad is unusable.

Just discovered that you have to put "more finger" into the trackpad to work, i have to put a bit of more "toucharea", just the tip of the finger its not enough, what settings can i change so i dont have to almost put the entire finger on the trackpad to move it ?

FOUND IT, its the Zfinger Setting.. it works.. its alive !!

Thanks..

• Administrators

Bronxteck,

When you say "if in -s exit then exit again should get to desktop ..."

Are you saying that it's possible to pop into graphics mode from single user mode w/o rebooting ?

That is to say by simply terminating the boot console ?

yes.

Bronxteck,

When you say "if in -s exit then exit again should get to desktop ..."

Are you saying that it's possible to pop into graphics mode from single user mode w/o rebooting ?

That is to say by simply terminating the boot console ?

Boot with the installation USB, open Utilites->Terminal

Your hard disk is mounted under /Volumes/<Name or your hard disk>

from there you can remove the offending extension, it must be on 

/Volumes/<Name of your hard disk>/System/Library/Extensions

or

/Volumes/<Name of your hard disk>/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns

or

/Volumes/<Name of your hard disk>/Extra/Extensions

if this is not a "myhack" extension, then it must be on 

/Volumes/<Name of your hard disk>/System/Library/Extensions

if you touch something from /Extra/Extensions you have to run "myfix" from myhack (either from the gui or the command line)

• Administrators

Just one thing.. sometimes when you are doing two fingers scrolling the mouse pointer "jumps", how can i prevent this ?

Thanks

i think newer versions of the kext fixed the issue or you can try repairing disk permissions with disk utility.

i think newer versions of the kext fixed the issue or you can try repairing disk permissions with disk utility.

Tried repairing disk permissions and rebooting but the issue remains the same, the mouse cursor always jumps like 500 pixels to the left.

Im using rehabman merge, this contains the latest version ?

• Moderators

Tried repairing disk permissions and rebooting but the issue remains the same, the mouse cursor always jumps like 500 pixels to the left.

Im using rehabman merge, this contains the latest version ?

Yes, the merge is the latest version. Try using 1 finger scrolling on the right edge or change the Z value.

I was not able to recover it and was unable to recover the files, I restored with Time Machine, and redownloaded the source. How do you compile the finished project as x64/x86 or is that even an option anymore in xcode? And as for the building of the kext, it has many dependent kexts built in, but when I compiled it, it left the internal kexts uncompiled! But the main kext compiled fine?

I have a build that is a slightly modified Rehabman merge that adds finger-z persistence across reboot, but it isn't quite ready.

Also, In a dual boot with windows, how do you resize the partitions? OSX can't do it from disk utility.

Also, In a dual boot with windows, how do you resize the partitions? OSX can't do it from disk utility.

Easiest way I've found for doing this sort of thing is to boot from an OSX install disk and use the Disk Utility to back up your current partition by selecting it and using SAVE AS. Then re-partition the disk as you please and just restore the OSX onto your desired partition. I have NEVER had this fail and I've migrated from mechanical to SSD w/o any issues. Seems to be a bulletproof process whenever I need it...

Since my touchpad does not work (unless I plug in one) when booting from OSX boot disk, I've even gotten the keyboard button combos that work for my needs. Using command/ctrl-F2 and F4 (AFAIR) is awesome for navigating the OSX menu structure via keyboard.