New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

• Moderators

In both logs, device loading is normal but you couldn't use any trackstick button.

I thought that you could use trackstick buttons with 0.zip at least.. So, this issue is not from my mod.

I didn't make any changes on those two files(synapticsconfigload/Voodoops2Daemon), but I don't know what kind of version you used before.

Please test with two files from 0.zip or 1.zip - (no difference between 0.zip and 1.zip)

How was RehabmanMerge you used before? If trackstick buttons were normal with it, I'll track changes.

I did replace the 2 files, but wonder if I needed to. So the logs I had uploaded were with all your files.

No, the issue was not from your mod, trackstick scrolling was never added. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was hoping you could add that feature as you did with E6410.

I did replace the 2 files, but wonder if I needed to. So the logs I had uploaded were with all your files.

No, the issue was not from your mod, trackstick scrolling was never added. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was hoping you could add that feature as you did with E6410.

I wonder why you couldn't use left/right button of trackstick. Not just trackstick scrolling.

Could you use trackstick left/right button with RehabmanMerge version?

• Moderators

I wonder why you couldn't use left/right button of trackstick. Not just trackstick scrolling.

Could you use trackstick left/right button with RehabmanMerge version?

The left/right mouse on the trackstick has always work before and after your mods. I just can't click on an item and drag it with the trackstick and can't use middle mouse to scroll with the trackstick. The right mouse works just fine.

Please test like this on E6420.

In terminal,

> tail -f /var/log/system.log | grep left=1

And Press Trackstick Left Button, Can you see the log like this?

kernel[0]: Dispatch relative pointer with x=0, y=0, left=1, right=0, middle=0, (z=0, not reported)

The left/right mouse on the trackstick has always work before and after your mods. I just can't click on an item and drag it with the trackstick and can't use middle mouse to scroll with the trackstick. The right mouse works just fine.

I get it. It seems trackstick buttons are different between E6410 and other models.

E6410 takes button event like I suggested before.(left=1, right=0, middle=0...) But, I can't find this from E6420's log.

I guess E6420's trackstick button are linked with trackpad button.

It will be another job to change E6420. I'll see how to change it. Thanks.

• Moderators

I get it. It seems trackstick buttons are different between E6410 and other models.

E6410 takes button event like I suggested before.(left=1, right=0, middle=0...) But, I can't find this from E6420's log.

I guess E6420's trackstick button are linked with trackpad button.

It will be another job to change E6420. I'll see how to change it. Thanks.

The same thing is for the E6430 and E6530.

Here's the log for E6530 using version 1.zip

system.log.zip

Your latest release crashes on the E6530 but not on the E6420. Using version 1 on E6530 now, but the Zvalue needs to be set to make it more sensitive unlike when installed on the E6420 it's fine.

• Moderators

Here is the fix 1. Please try. Thanks.

Here is the fix 1. Please try. Thanks.

This version re-enabled the left/right mouse, but new issue. Left clicking opens folder and file, right clicking runs twice. So I guess the speed for both changed? Single click is like double clicking, and single right click launches twice.

Touchpad is now having issue scrolling. If I tried using 2 fingers scrolling, the cursor disappear. After awhile, cursor returns but loses scrolling  all together.