New TouchPad driver for E6520 / ALPS

bpedman

here is my Model, for the list

un 10 03:18:44 praklarushtaonass-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint::identify: Found ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x02 0x64, EC=0x88 0x07 0x9d
Jun 10 03:18:44 praklarushtaonass-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint EC Report: { 0x88, 0x07, 0x9d }

I missed these messages when I tested the V5-2 version of the kext...

Seems that my thouchpad writes output to the system.log when I touch it:

Jun 10 20:13:31 server kernel[0]: Intercepted bare PS/2 packet..ignoring

Sweet, thanks for that log from ubuntu. Didn't even know about that evtest tool, that is pretty nifty....wish I would get updates from the forum on when a post has been modified...didn't get an email when you added that.

Also, about the ignored ps/2 packets. On my touchpad I had to ignore them because otherwise my mouse movement was all crazy. I believe the touchpad sends interleaved ALPS and PS/2 packets but apparently yours is only sending the PS/2 packets right now, which kind of makes sense because the initialization is probably not working correctly.

What I really need is a dump of all the data that it sends to the touchpad during initialization. I don't know how to get that info though....anyone know?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-13 at 6.07.10 PM.png

any ideas why the prefpane will not install to intel arch?

also can your kext be compiled into a fat binary both 32 and 64 bit? it will not run in 32 bit lion 64 bit it works.

Hmm, that's really weird...not sure what that message means. I haven't touched the preference pane code from what ReHabMan has done though so might be something to ask him?

Also, I tried compiling for 32 and 64 bit but it is broken right now. I would have to make some changes to enable it to work on 32-bit. How important is having 32-bit support?

Do this Information can help u? I found it on Slice' Alps Glidepoint project, but no one continue to do it.

This is awesome. Thanks for finding this. I will have to analyze this more later and compare to what I am doing right now.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1937

Just to be sure you saw this (you probably have). An old (2011) topic Slice opened about the developement of alps support with voodoops2. Probably Specific's source

Yeah, I saw that a long time ago...forgot about that...I will have to look through his code some more. I wonder if it is any different than the one here https://github.com/AppleLife/VoodooPS2 

• Administrators

32 bit is needed for older builds like lion and snow. some of the laptops can only load 32bit arch because of limited graphics drivers which only have 32 bit support like early gma graphics some ati and nvidia's.