Install OSX on Lenovo Thinkpad X201s (and maybe x201)

Leon

Managed to get it installed and also with the correct video kext after trying a few.. 

Only issue I am having now, is that Clover isn't installing into the boot sector, it claims installation completed, but when I reboot, I get the Niresh boot loader, which fails with 'mach_kernel' not found. I did try Niresh ahead of the virgin method in this guide.. Will nvram -c sort this out and allow me to install clover?

Can someone make an video how to install Yosemite to x201? I have so many problems such as lags with video, wifi doesn't work (i have Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 and there are some kexts for this wifi-card). Please, help me with install. I've got i5-520m model with 1280x800 screen resolution.

• Administrators

You're mistaken, there are no OS X drivers for Intel wireless cards. They're all unsupported. You'll have to replace it by a supported model or use a supported dongle. Please browse through the non-exhaustive list we've published in the R&D forum subsection.

Hi,

I've been trying to install Yosemite on my X201 as per the guide in #41. However, booting from the USB into the installer always *seems* to hang at "DSMOS has arrived", which I take to mean video card issues. I've already deleted all AppleIntelHD* kexts, and I've tried the nv_disable=1 via Clover Configurator.

Further observation is that if I press Enter when it appears to hang, the HDD keeps going for a little bit as if the installer booted but I just couldn't see it. Also strange thing, it worked *once*, at which time the loading bar loaded in the middle of the verbose text screen instead of the usual one. That time, after initial install I got reboot loops with a KP that didn't last long enough to read.

I prepared the USB on a different Yosemite hack, didn't seem to have any issues with that. I used the provided sample config.plist as well as the attached DSDT and Kexts from post #41.

Any obvious ideas? Not sure which specs / are best to provide, please let me know.

Thanks!

R

Will try again this evening to be sure, but I already tried in AHCI and Compatibility modes, same result. 

One observation though is the one time it worked and I rebooted, Clover could only see the newly created OSX partition on the HDD if I switched to Compatibility mode (that's when the kernel panic's happen, otherwise I can't even boot that partition).

R

EDIT: AHCI mode lets me get into the installer every time. However, if I leave it on AHCI mode, Clover doesn't see the newly created partition on the HDD. I've read up on this problem a bit and it seems like I should be able to add a Clover boot option, but nowhere do I see a device string that has SATA in it so I can't seem to add it. Any ideas?

• Administrators

i think the install option is bios block io. under "cloverefi" option four, you might have to uncheck the first option on the list "UEFI only" if the fourth option is greyed out also clover cannot see a mbr partition make sure you used guid for the OS X partition.