Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

My patch (30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D - > 30 6B 10 00 00 90 90) works in 10.9.1 and 10.9.2. I use it without problems..

I do not like your patch

A sequence of numbers (30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D) occurs in binaries - once. Just need to fix it.

A sequence of numbers (30 6B 10 00 00 75) occurs in binaries - 18 times. Of these, only one place you need to fix, and in the remaining 17 places not to touch.

If you want to be beautiful and versatile - add another byte:

(30 6B 10 00 00 75 0D - > 30 6B 10 00 00 74 0D)

Strangely it did not work for me. its ok, never mind. Thanks for your work.

@EMlyDinEsH

All is working great, I do not believe that the problem was with your firmware uploader kext.

As has become apparent, Skvo's patch was the missing piece of the puzzle - for some people at least.

If anybody wants a ioreg dump please let me know . . .

I think i have figured out what has been going on ..

Without Skvo's patch, the total number of available channels for the radios on the card was very much reduced. As we know there was no 5Ghz channels and fewer 2.4Ghz channels. Since Bluetooth operates in the 2.4Ghz band it has to share the available channels in the 2.4Ghz radio spectrum with the wifi section of the card. As we all know 2.4Ghz wifi is very widespread and its very common for nearby routers and bluetooth to 'compete' for channels sometimes reducing the available channels even more and resulting in reduced channel bandwidth . I believe that the poor wifi transmission speed and intermittent bluetooth performance was all being caused by the card being crippled and not able to use the full bandwidth triggering some sub channel throttling to occur which is sort of like a limp home for the chip set sort of like its running 1 one cylinder instead of the normal 8, it might get you home home but at a much slower rate .... I think that this is a low level feature of the cards chipset/radio and the different BT firmware versions show slightly different symptoms/behaviours in OSX.

I am now using FW=0, so now running the latest firmware which is what I think the OSX drivers/kext's are optimised for.

Everything is working fast and stable.

Am streaming 1080P from my Synology NAS over 5Ghz @ 300Mbs watching a movie with bluetooth headphones with my Apple Magic Touch Mouse, Apple MagicTouch Pad and my iphone all connected via BT 4 - and all working without any issues or delays, I don't think i've ever experienced such amazing STABLE wireless performance in any OS till now ..... at least in my house ... upgrading to this card has been money well spent.

Its been an interesting journey thanks agin for everybody's input..

Cheers

Jay

I'm glad its working great.

I spent 4 hours and finally get it worked! My Asus BT-400 now works on OS 10.9.2. All i need is:
1. Download BTFirmwareUploader_v2.3.zip from the first page.
2. Unpack it and edit 2 files: "BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/Info.plist" and "BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BluetoothDevInfo.kext/Contents/Info.plist": change idProduct to "5909".
3. Install it by "kext utility v2.5.6".

Thank you, EMlyDinEsH, for your work! Donate you my $5.

I spent 4 hours and finally get it worked! My Asus BT-400 now works on OS 10.9.2. All i need is:

1. Download BTFirmwareUploader_v2.3.zip from the first page.

2. Unpack it and edit 2 files: "BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/Info.plist" and "BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BluetoothDevInfo.kext/Contents/Info.plist": change idProduct to "5909".

3. Install it by "kext utility v2.5.6".

Thank you, EMlyDinEsH, for your work! Donate you my $5.

Thanks for your donation. May I know your device ids? So i can update my kext plist in the next version.

EMlyDinEsH,

Great contribution on the bluetooth. We all appreciate it. However, perhaps I'm still missing a step in implementing this. I have an Asus BT-400 with pid=6091 and vid=2821, installed v 2.3 in /S/L/E but the BT-400 is not recognized. I assumed it isn't necessary to modify the info.plist as the pid and vid are included. In addition, the system is built with the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H MB with UEFI F11 beta bios. Tnx in advance. 

EMlyDinEsH,

Sorry about the incomplete ioreg and system log. Have replaced them with complete ones.  Just for completeness, note that the IOgear 521 works without any issues, so the problem is just with the ASUS BT-400 which doesn't appear to be recognized.

Cheers,

Gary

Hi, I got a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac 867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E  and got the WIFI working but cannot get Bluetooth working on it.

IOJones shows:

USB Product Name, String, BCM20702A0

idProduct, Number, 0x21fb

idVendor, Number, 0xa5c

USB Vendor Name, String, Broadcom Corp

If I do a base10 conversion, I get:

8699 for idProduct 

2652 or idVendor

I tried the BTFirmwareUploader_v2.3.zip and no luck.  Those values that I converted aren't found in the plist anywhere.

I tried changing those values here:

<key>BCM-AzureWave-CE123H-3404-13d3</key>

<dict>
<key>BTController</key>
<string>BCM</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader</string>
<key>Firmware</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BTFirmwareUploader</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>UpdFwAfterSleep</key>
<true/>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>13316</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

Didn't work.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi, I got a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac 867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E  and got the WIFI working but cannot get Bluetooth working on it.

IOJones shows:

USB Product Name, String, BCM20702A0

idProduct, Number, 0x21fb

idVendor, Number, 0xa5c

USB Vendor Name, String, Broadcom Corp

If I do a base10 conversion, I get:

8699 for idProduct 

2652 or idVendor

I tried the BTFirmwareUploader_v2.3.zip and no luck.  Those values that I converted aren't found in the plist anywhere.

I tried changing those values here:

BCM-AzureWave-CE123H-3404-13d3

BTController
BCM
CFBundleIdentifier
org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader
Firmware
IOClass
BTFirmwareUploader
IOProviderClass
IOUSBDevice
UpdFwAfterSleep
idProduct
idVendor

Didn't work.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You also need to change the ID's from the another kext(BluetoothDevInfo) located inside my kext. I'll add your ID's and release a minor update to my kext with the new ID's i got so far soon. If you still can't figure out then PM me and i'll give new kext with your deveice ids.