Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

ASUS BCM4352 on X79 Deluxe here, kext seems to be working fine, as BT shows up in preferences. But I can't pair anything (I tried with my iphone and magic mouse), wheel keeps spinning. Trashing plist + reboot won't help. I'm confused as I see others with the same mobo have it working ok... Any clue? Thx a lot

Send me your System log and ioreg file so i can take a look at your problem.

Hi,

i have already installed this kext and it work perfect for my ar3011. My only Question is, in the bluetooth menu ist the point wake computer sleep with bluetooth. What can i do to activate it? and the button to deactivate bluetooth is already disabled...

My system is OSX Mavericks

thanks!

AR3011 bluetooth uses standard drivers of OSX which doesn't provide bluetooth on/off toggle which i have already explained in the first post. I'm trying to find a workaround for this and its in testing. I will post that solution if its working fine.

I would like to add that I recently installed Windows ( for playing games ). I had previously the Wifi/BT card on the computer running only Mac. The bluetooth always worked, although sometimes gestures on the Magic Mouse wouldn't work and if I moved too much the mouse the cursor would end near the apple logo where you see system information.

Now that I've installed Windows, it sometimes doesn't appears on Mac's top bar. In Windows I have seen two errors with Device Manager:

"Profiling could not be started".

"Hardware Device Descriptor Failure"

If I do restarts between the two OS it tends to be more prone to happen, with a full shutdown it still has happenned but less.

Edit: Also, if I just keep shutting down / restarting, but entering the same OS, bluetooth will keep working. It's in the OS switch where the problem presents.

Well, windows drivers you are using might be using different firmware than my kext uses in OSX. So, dual booting with system restarts may give problems. You said something about sleep wake issue before, is that still there?

Hi, I got an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac 867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E  and got the WIFI working

My question is that if I just install the BTFirmwareUploader.kext v2.3 without editing anything then I can see the BT device info in the "system information" and the Bluetooth seems to be working(not sure because I don't have a bluetooth device in hand to test)

But if I edit the two info.plist files to add idVendor/idProduct information following the instruction of the post, the BTFirmwareUploader.kext won't load and the Bluetooth service won't be available. Is there anything I'm missing?

The following are the device info, ioreg file and screen shot of "system information" when BTFirmwareUploader.kext is loaded.

Thanks

USB Product Name, Foxconn-T77H114-BCM2070

idProduct, Number, 0xe00f

idVendor, Number, 0x0489

Rev 0596

post-57262-0-17728900-1399386814_thumb.png

MacBook Pro.zip

Hi, I got an AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11ac 867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E  and got the WIFI working

My question is that if I just install the BTFirmwareUploader.kext v2.3 without editing anything then I can see the BT device info in the "system information" and the Bluetooth seems to be working(not sure because I don't have a bluetooth device in hand to test)

But if I edit the two info.plist files to add idVendor/idProduct information following the instruction of the post, the BTFirmwareUploader.kext won't load and the Bluetooth service won't be available. Is there anything I'm missing?

The following are the device info, ioreg file and screen shot of "system information" when BTFirmwareUploader.kext is loaded.

Thanks

USB Product Name, Foxconn-T77H114-BCM2070

idProduct, Number, 0xe00f

idVendor, Number, 0x0489

Rev 0596

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-04 at 9.28.33 PM.png

attachicon.gifMacBook Pro.zip

Your bluetooth doesn't require firmware patching. So, you don't need my driver but you need to add your device id's to Apple Broadcom bluetooth kext (or) use my BluetoothDevInfo kext with your id's.

Your bluetooth doesn't require firmware patching. So, you don't need my driver but you need to add your device id's to Apple Broadcom bluetooth kext (or) use my BluetoothDevInfo kext with your id's.

I added the device's ID into IOBluetoothFamily.kext and remove BTFirmwareUploader.kext and BT works. Thanks for the info.

If anyone has issues using a Bluetooth/WIFI expansion card that requires USB power to enable Bluetooth, you may want to consider trying a cheap solution as a work around if your Bluetooth controller is disabled after system wake.

You may need to use the internal header cable to connect the expansion card to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard for Bluetooth to be enabled. I got mine working by connecting it to a USB 2.0 header but it started to remain disabled after system wake and I'd have to power down completely, turn the PSU switch off, and power back on to enable it again. 

I decided to try something like this:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-9Pin-header-male-to-Motherboard-USB-3-0-20pin-Housing-Female-cable-10cm-/161111222458

I connected that to the USB 3.0 header on the motherboard and the other end to the USB 2.0 cable that connects tot he expansion card. Did some sleep/wake testing after that and it seems to have done the trick.

This is probably not a common problem but if it happens to you, it may help.

Running ok on AR5B195+AR3011 combo half mini pci-e card

Magic Mouse drops intermittently, anyone else seeing this behavior?

Apple keyboard works fine

Its common and random for some users mostly. No particular solution is there as its the OSX driver issue. Try to pair again by deleting the bluetooth preference plist i have explained in the first post and see. Also try disabling WiFi and see.