Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

I'm at my wits end here.

I have the BCM-Dell-DW1550-BT, and tried everything mentioned in this thread. vendor and product id are fine, as they are already configured in EMlyDinEsH's kext.

Also I can switch BT on and off, and it sees all my devices. But I cannot connect to them. I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and a Magic Trackpad. Both show up, and when I try to connect the keyboard, I'm asked to enter the code, but it doesn't react when I hit the keys. After hitting "enter" the keyboard is displayed as connected, but it doesn't work.

I deleted the com.bluetooth.plist a,d restarted, and I went through all hoops i could find using google. But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

It seems that BTFirmwareUploader might have had something to do with messing up my existing Bluetooth in my ASUS G750JX.. 

I'm unclear what this kext does.. are you uploading firmware directly into the card's ROM? I had Broadcom 4352 working natively with OSX.. all I had to do is update the IOBluetooth with the specific keys so it makes everything so bizarre that it's now broken.. I basically only had to do it like this:

In IOBluetooth kext > Plugins > BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext

I added the following:

<key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_3404</key>
			<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>13316</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>5075</integer>
		</dict>

and it worked out of the box.. as soon as I tried BTFirmwareUploader once, it seems to have done something and now when I get my system to previous state where Bluetooth worked with this simple info.plist change, my Bluetooth is completely gone. I can't get it to show up again.

My concern now is BTFirmwareUploader might have corrupted the Bluetooth part and I have no way of making it work again. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works but just wanted to ask.

I don't even know why I really used it because I had it working initially just fine.. I guess I didn't want to keep updating the IOBluetooth kext so I thought BTFirmwareUploader kext would simply inject this but seems i was wrong.

Can someone help me out here..

There Wifi part works fine. 2.4Ghz/5ghz is fine.. but Bluetooth is dead.

Still not sure what happened but I got it back to working normally.. I flashed the laptop's BIOS to the newest version and for some reason it cleared out the bad addresses for the BCM bluetooth module and now I can see it as I did before without BTFirmwareUploader.

Just in case has a similar problem.

Still not sure what happened but I got it back to working normally.. I flashed the laptop's BIOS to the newest version and for some reason it cleared out the bad addresses for the BCM bluetooth module and now I can see it as I did before without BTFirmwareUploader.

Just in case has a similar problem.

My firmware patching is done to RAM not the ROM so it will be cleared on power down. What are the vendor and device id's of your bluetooth? You have provided standard id values in above plist entry which is already present in my driver. Please provide me details of your device id and ioreg file so i can let you know whether you need a firmware update or not for your bluetooth.

I'm at my wits end here.

I have the BCM-Dell-DW1550-BT, and tried everything mentioned in this thread. vendor and product id are fine, as they are already configured in EMlyDinEsH's kext.

Also I can switch BT on and off, and it sees all my devices. But I cannot connect to them. I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and a Magic Trackpad. Both show up, and when I try to connect the keyboard, I'm asked to enter the code, but it doesn't react when I hit the keys. After hitting "enter" the keyboard is displayed as connected, but it doesn't work.

I deleted the com.bluetooth.plist a,d restarted, and I went through all hoops i could find using google. But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Can you send me your system log and ioreg file with my kext installed so I can see the problem? Also send me your system profiler information by saving a file from File menu in that app.

Can you send me your system log and ioreg file with my kext installed so I can see the problem? Also send me your system profiler information by saving a file from File menu in that app.

I got it sorted out, and I am most stupid I guess.

Problem didn't lie in anything software-related, it was simply the distance fromt he device to the BT antenna. It's not been huge, like maybe 2-2,5 meters, but apparantly that's still too far.

When I'm closer, all devices connect and work fine. Boy, how much time I spent on figuring out what was wrong with the kexts... :-/

hello

i lost bt in 10.10 with BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H

some kind of problem with the kext inside Plugins

don´t load in kernelcache .. always omitting that kext .. the btuploader kext no problem .. only the other .. and if i stay the kext installed .. i lost the wifi

i use also ur kext for elantouchpad .. that one last rev is working very good

many thanks for ur hard work

all the best

hello

i lost bt in 10.10 with BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H

some kind of problem with the kext inside Plugins

don´t load in kernelcache .. always omitting that kext .. the btuploader kext no problem .. only the other .. and if i stay the kext installed .. i lost the wifi

i use also ur kext for elantouchpad .. that one last rev is working very good

many thanks for ur hard work

all the best

Sorry, i did not get the problem with plugins kext. Please explain and try to install that kext inside plugins normally like another kext instead of from plugins and see. What is your boot loader and what boot flags you use?