Mavericks on E6410 nVidia

TheRealBigBudz

I tried twice to make the myHack install disk last night and it failed.  One on a Mac VM and the other on a MacBook pro, both with OS X versions downloaded directly from the Mac App store.  The program starts fine, and starts writing the initial files (~1000 MB of data) to the drive.  About halfway through, the write stops, myHack reports that ~500 out of ~480 MB have been copied (104%) it then continues to try and make the disk with several chdir error messages.  The program states that it completed succesfully, but the USB drive won't function at boot.  The system outputs two lines of text: boot 1 or boot 0 and a spinning cursor and then hangs.

I tried twice to make the myHack install disk last night and it failed. One on a Mac VM and the other on a MacBook pro, both with OS X versions downloaded directly from the Mac App store. The program starts fine, and starts writing the initial files (~1000 MB of data) to the drive. About halfway through, the write stops, myHack reports that ~500 out of ~480 MB have been copied (104%) it then continues to try and make the disk with several chdir error messages. The program states that it completed succesfully, but the USB drive won't function at boot. The system outputs two lines of text: boot 1 or boot 0 and a spinning cursor and then hangs.

Try a different flash drives. I've had defective ones do that in the past

nearly the same here,

last night i tried to install mavericks using your guide and everything looks great till i booted from usb stick.

i only get this prints on my consol right after the selection of my mac boot stick:

boot0:GPT

boot0:done

Then nothing happens and i saw that the usb stick isn't loading anything. I also got the 104% of loading. 

I also tried the MBR copying method, but still the same. Do i have to format my old drive to a special format or something like that?

Regards

Another GREAT guide, patel4prez!

I did it on two e6410's yesterday, worked great.  I DID get the 104% notice, too.

One question, though:  In the guide, under "Creating the Installer", step one says "Make sure your Mountain Lion copy is in the Applications folder on your working Mac/Hackintosh".  I assume you meant Mavericks copy, not Mountain Lion copy?

@ABQJohn

do you installed it from scratch ?

did you copy the MBR files to your installation stick?

which format did your hard drive  got? fat32 / ntfs ? 

Yes, from scratch.

No, did not copy the MBR files

Formatted the drive per the main section instructions - Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID (same as he listed in his Mountain Lion Guide).

nearly the same here,

last night i tried to install mavericks using your guide and everything looks great till i booted from usb stick.

i only get this prints on my consol right after the selection of my mac boot stick:

boot0:done

Then nothing happens and i saw that the usb stick isn't loading anything. I also got the 104% of loading. 

I also tried the MBR copying method, but still the same. Do i have to format my old drive to a special format or something like that?

Regards

Try booting from the USB stick and selecting the new install. If you get a KP, use the -x.

Yes, from scratch.

No, did not copy the MBR files

Formatted the drive per the main section instructions - Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID (same as he listed in his Mountain Lion Guide).

i meeant the hard drive, not the usb stick. i had formated the stick in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Format.

Try booting from the USB stick and selecting the new install. If you get a KP, use the -x.

i still booted from usb stick but the online thing displayed are the boot0:GPT ... things, no keyboard interaction were possible anymore. What did you mean with KP?