How to enable Asus X53E (M.B ver K53E) functions keys and startup brightness setup?

ios9

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I appreciate it so very much!   But I don't want to try VoodooHDA because its such bad quality.  I want to learn how to do this the right way.  Though I have a couple other hackintoshes, they were not a challenge.  This one has indeed been a big challenge.  But I'm about up to my last hair.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody???   The closest I've gotton is a you tube video thats in Vietnamese "Apple HDA guide" by Hoang.  

Please someone?   I can really only learn this visually, It doesn't really work for me to follow a guide because whenever someone writes a guide, they want to be cool and use fancy terms that will lose some one who's not so practiced instantly.

Really frustrating.

Just wanted to say thank you again for that reply!  I saw it some time ago but haven't been able to look into it and get past my frustration and try this mental challenge.  I gotta explore it and figure out how to do this I guess.  Video Tutorials are the best though.   I also have to say that this Asus laptop has about the closest screen quality to a macbook pro (or atleast my late 2008 macbook Pro), so if I can get this audio to work then it will be an excellent hack.

Very Appreciated.

OK, well,  I thought I should get back to you on what you suggested.  I finally got the guts to try tonight but after downloading, I didn't know what else to do.  The so called instructions are not clear for a noob like me.  It downloaded a folder onto my desktop named Mirone audio but I'm lost.  before having this folder, the only thing I knew to do was to download the package, open it then go to the laptop selection, select my version of alc269vb (now I don't know which version) and it downloaded that folder I just mentioned.  I tried to restart and nothing.  I really don't know what to do with this folder.  Can you please guide me????

• Administrators

it gives 3 folder options/ methods  within that desktop folder for you to choose from.

one is a patched apple HDA file that you can replaces the one in S/L/E with directly.

second is a dummy HDA if you do not want to replace AppleHDA in S/L/E

and the third are clover config patches you can apply to your clover config. but i think that might need DSDT patches for HDEF.

each has it's benefits but results should be the same if used properly, from either of the 3 methods. just choose one do not mix.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.  I don't know clover yet. I tried to use clover after I installed with the old unifail chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) way and it was catastrophic for me because all these instructions are written in ways that assume the reader is very proficient already.

The screenshots at the bottom of that download page provide a clue as to how to use it but it is still vague and doesn't inspire any confidence at all in how to use the tool or application properly.  So every step of the way, I'm trying to guess at what I'm doing and because I don't understand it completely, its easy to do something wrong or incomplete and knowing this gives someone a fear of trying.  If you know of someone who may provide step by step instruction, please point me there.  I'm even willing to make a small donation to whoever can help me through this.  I would also love to contribute my success further in providing an easier quicker resource.   

OK, well, I'm not getting any help anywhere about this appleHDA problem.  Can you please (Anyone) give me some more insight to the latest voodoo 2.8.8 that was released?  How close in quality are we at this point?  I'm about to just go with this option because I'm not getting anywhere here and I need to use my computer.   

I refuse to buy any more computers from Apple and keep them in business after knowing how they think they can treat people and still suck money from them to make them even more powerful at the expense of the community who allows them!!!!