How to enable Asus X53E (M.B ver K53E) functions keys and startup brightness setup?

ios9

@Artisto, did you try the patched AppleHDA and DSDT from ruorbe bootpack? 

For Mountain Lion, you'll need the patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext in her bootpack as well.

I thought I did, but now I'm not so sure since I'm kind of a noob.   I read her post and downloaded what she provided.   Since that was a little while ago, now I'm not so sure about what I did.  Would it help if I provide my IOREG?  what can I provide to show what I have activated?  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've used both, my hack and unifail.  I remember then coming across Rourbe's post and downloading her folder and suddenly it seemed like everything was working on my laptop except for sound.  Standby, I'll bootup my laptop in question and copy/paste what I have in my lib extensions to answer your question and hopefully help me out here!

Here is my extensions...(couldn't upload both on one reply box)

130.1 MB is the size of my zipped Extensions file...Any other way to send it to you?

BTW if you can help clear up this issue for me then I would like to send you  a small donation in appreciation for helping me!!

• Administrators

Please! There is absolutely no interest in posting your /S/L/E folder (and it's around 400-500Mo uncompressed) ! If you want to post files, please upload those you may have added or that are specific to your system.

All my kexts are in my Extensions folder.   How can I show this to you?  Can I send it to an alternate email or something?  Should I just re install Rourbe's boot pack?  What do I do?  Very stuck....   When I read Rourbe's posts, if I remember correctly it looked like someone else had the same issue with sound.  Or am I wrong??

• Administrators

You may list those kexts you've added, but there is no need or value to post your entire /S/L/E folder.

There are various places for kexts:

• /System/Library/Extensions for all vanilla kexts
  • /Library/Extensions for optional/add-on kexts
  • /Extra/Extensions for injected kexts used by myHack or Enoch
  • /EFI/Clover/kexts for injected kexts used by Clover

By default, only kexts placed in /S/L/E or /L/E are considered for cache rebuild. Kexts placed elsewhere would only be cached if the locations foiders are explicitely mentioned as an option to the kextcache command.