[GUIDE] Mavericks on Dell Latitude E6420

npjohnson

Actually on the E6420 with my boot.plist edited with hdaenbler and the patched kext you made, no headphone out for some strange reason, great job on the kext though!!!! I can finally watch youtube with audio again. (:

All, OP Updated with 10.9.2 update and merged my and Jake Lo's Bootpack, tested and it boots on my fathers identical model fine.

@queper no need to replace your extra with this one, yours is almost as up to date. Maybe just compare it to yours as it contains a newer FakeSMC and a couple of other things...

@Jake Lo, what exactly does the DisableTurboBoost.kext do for your battery, is it an impressive difference? Also, in your boot.plist, do you use the kernal cache or not? I found that my shutdown/restart only work with that as no...

@queper no need to replace your extra with this one, yours is almost as up to date. Maybe just compare it to yours as it contains a newer FakeSMC and a couple of other things...

...will do.

Thx

Lars

...no headphone out for some strange reason...

All my audio devices, except the mic from a iphone headset, are working well  :mrgreen:

Nolen, maybe we have slightly different systems as when I use your Extra Pack (as a second Extra Pack in a dedicated folder) with my existing boot/install usb stick I get a kernel panic if I choose your Extra Pack at the end of the install process.

...or maybe this is something which is not supported that way.

Note, PhotoBooth is working OOTB.

Thx2all

Lars

Howd you do the dedicated extra thing? Thatd be cool if you figured that out. But im kinda confused, my boot pack was idwbticke to jake lo'subtracting a newer fakesmc which shouldnt cause any problem. Huh. Figures. You knoow though you may be right, sometimes when I do something that jake does, it doesnt/sorta works. I did call in a warranty recenttly where they replaced ALOT of stuff. I wonder if they did a silent upgrade of some stuff?

Howd you do the dedicated extra thing? Thatd be cool if you figured that out. 

I added another folder to the root of my USB Install/Boot Stick (name the folder like you want) and have placed your "Extra" folder inside this new folder.

At the end of the installation I have chosen this "Extra" folder for MyHack.

Maybe this doesn't work like it should be but I didn't get any errors or warnings during installation instead of the one in root.

But im kinda confused, my boot pack was idwbticke to jake lo'subtracting a newer fakesmc which shouldnt cause any problem. Huh. Figures. You knoow though you may be right, sometimes when I do something that jake does, it doesnt/sorta works. I did call in a warranty recenttly where they replaced ALOT of stuff. I wonder if they did a silent upgrade of some stuff?

Maybe the Processor is the one which causes trouble as I have an i5.

Anyway, 10.9.2 works fine and the new HDA Kext inside S/L/E is working and shows the Audio Devices in the right language.

Now I have to learn how to use OSX.

Nolen, do I need the VoodooPS2Daemon from your install pack ?

Cheers

Lars

It is a slightly updated version. If it isn't a big deal just copy it to /usr/bin next time you get a chance.

Oh... and Haha, if you ever need any help learning OS X just PM me with questions, some stuff isn't intuitive, but I find it far superior to Windows and Linux.

It is a slightly updated version. If it isn't a big deal just copy it to /usr/bin next time you get a chance.

Hi Nolen,

I have experimented a bit with VoodooPS2 stuff.

If I copy your VoodooPS2 kext to E/E Pad and Stick are working fine.

If I activate the VoodooPS2Daemon in /usr/bin (copied the missing launch script "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist" from the actual VoodooPS2 Package to /Library/LaunchDaemons) my Touchpad and all buttons are not working at login screen :-(, the Stick works :shock:.

Means, extra Mouse needed for clicking.

If I log in all is working normal.

Found this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296441-voodoops2-problems/ but I don't have an Account there to download stuff and test.

Do you know if an running Daemon is needed ?

Lars