[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Hey Jake,

I have a question for you, its about Yosemite not El Captian :)

Few days ago you give me a new config.pst and a dsdt for my E7440, to fix some minor issue I had, since that, sometimes (random) during the bootstrap of my laptop I receive a new error regarding the Audio kext ( I guess)

any suggestion how to fix? should I continue updating my Yosemite to elCaptin even with this error ?

thanks a lot

post-74380-0-98272300-1444048798_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Jake I have added the 4th AppleHDA patch already. Do we need 1-3 patches as well or only the two mentioned in the post you provided the link. Thank you for your help.

Keep all the patches in addition to the 2 new patches otherwise your audio will fail.

Oh well,  I did run the upgrade to elCaptian and after the restart nothing works, print screen attached, works only on safe mode :(

Remove EAPDfix. It's know to cause KP in El Capitan. EmlyDinesh is working on a new supported version. Get rid of VoodooHDA is you're using the patched AppleHDA.

• Moderators

All looks good except one. You have it disable where it should be set to 9202EC10

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA ALC 292 #1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hBnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
kgLsEA==
</data>
</dict>

JakeLo,

i'm a realy stupid man...! :  

in post @482 i have read "rename" and not "replace".......and now i'm not able to restart, same allocating error, also if i try to start from a other disk...

i'm able to start on 10.10.5  from a older version of clover, but impossible to mount the EFI partition to change back the name.

i'm stuck with a dead system....

did someone have a idea how to solve this without reinstall.... i don't want to lose my working partition.

for information, in my laptop , i have 2 HDD, one is 1Tera ssd, with a backup of a working 10.10.5, and a backup of EFI.

the other HDD is 256 Giga ssd, with WIN8, osx 10.10.5 , and EFI partition.

only Win8 is able to start....

thank for hep a stupid man !

Thanks for the info, but I had to restore from the last backup :D I will keep Yosemite for now, and when I have some free time I will try again ;) 

anyone knows if Airdrop and Handoff works ? and how ? any guide ? 

thanks a lot all.

• Moderators

JakeLo,

i'm a realy stupid man...! :  

in post @482 i have read "rename" and not "replace".......and now i'm not able to restart, same allocating error, also if i try to start from a other disk...

i'm able to start on 10.10.5  from a older version of clover, but impossible to mount the EFI partition to change back the name.

i'm stuck with a dead system....

did someone have a idea how to solve this without reinstall.... i don't want to lose my working partition.

for information, in my laptop , i have 2 HDD, one is 1Tera ssd, with a backup of a working 10.10.5, and a backup of EFI.

the other HDD is 256 Giga ssd, with WIN8, osx 10.10.5 , and EFI partition.

only Win8 is able to start....

thank for hep a stupid man !

Try EFI Mounter v2, you can select the disk to mount and fix your issue.