[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

I can't, for the life me, get this to boot past the bit about OsxAptioFixDrv, then using reloc block and all the "+++++"s
where I'm hit with a (very quick) cpu panic about 'zone init' something. Is there a Wait=Yes type command so I can get read what it says? none of the logs seem to be taking it in.

I've tried most of the boot folders on this thread, tried patching my own DSDT, even downgrading my bios from A16, to 15, and on and on.

Sorry and thank you!

running 10.11.1
Clover 3320 

Sorry to have bothered you guys,  but figured it out.

I tried both OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 separately to no avail, so took a photo of the problem (because it's on for a fraction of a second and I can't find it in any of the logs.)

It's something along the lines of "panic( cpu 0 caller 0xffffblablabla):"zone_init:kmem_suballoc failed""
Turns out I had to, for whatever reason, physically move my 1 stick of 8gig memory from the 
DIMMA slot to the 
DIMMB slot (or other way around, I'll check in a bit). Maybe there's another solution but this one worked for me.

• Administrators

have you tried setting hibernate mode to 0 and deleting the hibernate file.

in terminal use the following commands it will ask for your password after the first line

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
rm -rf /var/vm/sleepimage

normally hibernate mode is set to 3.