[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

Update: I found that my laptop screen brightness was reduced to zero and therefore I was unable to see it. Installed Karabiner to may the keys. Now I can use Fn keys to control brightness and other properties. 

Yesterday I shutdown my unit while its was connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I booted it in the morning with the HDMI and Now I cannot see anything at the laptop main screen. I believe that The driver is still sending the signal to the HDMI. It booted well in safe mode but was not sure what do. Looking forward to your suggestions how to rectify this situation.

Thank you for your input.

pS: system still crashes if I out it to sleep while its connected to HDMI.

Thank you Jake. My Audio is working now - still have to check headphones but for now - BIG progress.

Was able to fix Bluetooth as well - going back to "as Vanilla as possible" in SLE and installing the latest BTFirmwareUploader.

Guess I learned something today. You guys ROCK.

Re run:

Copy AppleHDA_ALC292.kext, and Codeccommander.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

sudo kextcache -boot -U /

reboot...

Robert - when I perform sudo touch /S/L/E/,after i hit enter, it just goes to next prompt with in a faction of second. Should I be expecting some progress? Thanks for educating...I am trying resolve audio issues. 

Thanks for guides/help, Everything is working pretty much flawlessly. 
I've two questions -
Why should we use the macbook air 6,2 smbios? Is there any advantage to using it over MBP 11,1 or 11,2? I seem to get at least one more lower pstate out of the latter two and assume that would help with batter.
Also, is there anyway to get one of rehabman's updated voodoops2 kexts working with this? With his newer drivers the "twitchiness" of the mouse is gone but it shows up as a regular mouse and not a track/touchpad. Maybe there's a few settings I could tweak in the info.plist (of either the included drivers or his newer ones)?

• Moderators

If you see that MBP11,1 or 11,2 works better, than go ahead and use that, There's no advantages that I know of other than the fact E7440's don't have a built in media player as an MBA.

Rehab man's voodoops2 is for Synaptics Touchpad. The version used for the E7440 is a derivative of Rehabman's voodoops2 for Alps touchpad. That is why his latest versions only shows as a regular mouse and not as a touchpad. You can try Ahmad's version. He has fixed the so call "twitchiness", but it seems to cause KP for me with his newer versions. I haven't test his latest version yet though.

Check 'Wake Reason' in system log when that happens.

Thanks Jake. I had fakepcid at two places - clover and s/l/e. removed from clover and sleep issue went away. 

My audio is still not working...it worked on Yosemite with clover patches...any tutorial on how to fix the audio would be very helpful.

Thanks.