[Guide] E7440 with Clover

pokenguyen

After update to 10.11.3 my touchpad freezes after few minutes? Other than that everything works perfect. Did You guys have this issue?

I use VoodooPS2Controller.kext

<string>1.8.9, Copyright Apple Computer, Inc. 2000-2003, David Elliot 2007, RehabMan 2012-2013</string>

A question or two I don't really need answering 

The base frequency for the hd4400 on the e7440's i7 4660u should  be at 200 mhz, but despite my best attempts I can't get it to that point. With the Macbook Air smbios i get it as low as .35 ghz, which is great, but it never reaches its max of 1.15 (instead peaking at .85). With the MBP 11,1 and 11,2 smbios it base lines at .55 and .75 respectfully. They max out at 1.15 when needed. Got myself a generated SSDT and the CPU multiplier/turbo states/whatever work more or less perfectly but I don't really know how to mess with the iGPU.

I prefer power but a little bit more efficiency would be nice.  Google seems barren when it comes to this specific issue, any place any of you can direct me?

• Administrators

You can look up the AGPM tuning thread in the R&D forum sub-section. It covers the nVidia GPU of some models but the principles remain the same for IGPU. Compare the settings as configured for the models you mentioned, then feel free to experiment with the thresholds.

Looks a bit different for the IGPU but yeah, same principles apply.
had to change the multiplier (GT3Floor) under my board-id (Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC for Macbook Pro 11,1) in the AGPM info.plist to "4". Works great, thank you. Will see if there's a way to do this on the fly.  
Quick edit:
This has increased my battery life considerably, if your iGPU is baseline-ing at above 200mhz, consider editing your AGPM.

I have used Jake's guide for the Latitude series to install El Capitan on my E7440, followed everything step by step however after booting via UEFI and chosing to install Mac OSX via the usb, the Apple logo shows up and the progress bar starts to move. A couple of seconds later my touchpad becomes active and I can move the mouse around and then suddenly the screen flickers and the Apple logo gets split into four logos, the screen changes to what looks like the OS installation screen but nothing is visible enough, here's a photo just in case - https://goo.gl/photos/tWrgiq3PA42Qwa876

Anyone has any suggestions?