[D630] Installation Freeze at 19 minutes - ML

Wave

Hello OSXLatitude forumers,

I almost hackintosh a Dell Latitude D630

b7099064588788420b665a7383731a9f.png

Here are my installation method :

1: Make the USB installer by using MLPostfactor and Mountain Lion App 10.8.3

2: Install bootloader to the USB installer

3: Take kext from bootpack provided here and replaced it with the default in the installer

4: Change SATA from ATA to AHCI

5: Boot with the bootflag -v

6: Successfully booted, directly go to Disk Utility and format my HDD

7: Go to installation, selected the drive, and the install process begin

8: Freeze at 19 minutes left!

I have done this process many time. When install, it WILL freeze at 19minutes left. I left the laptop for 8 hourse, still hang. What should i do?

Also, usually I can move the cursor. But when it freeze, I cant move the cursor and the progressbar of the installation didnt move at all. Stuck forever

What the fix guys?

• Administrators

The guide that's in the Supported Models with Guides sub-section...

You must have noticed that there was no ML bootpack for the X3100-based D630 models and that's because that old GPU (and several other obsolete ones) is not supported after Lion.

The guide I refer to makes a particular use of MLPF to install ML on the GMA-based systems whilst retaining full graphics support.

Remember to search the forum before posting as answers may already exist for your particular issue or query.

• Like 1

The guide that's in the Supported Models with Guides sub-section...

You must have noticed that there was no ML bootpack for the X3100-based D630 models and that's because that old GPU (and several other obsolete ones) is not supported after Lion.

The guide I refer to makes a particular use of MLPF to install ML on the GMA-based systems whilst retaining full graphics support.

Remember to search the forum before posting as answers may already exist for your particular issue or query.

I try the same guide and it works. Just my wifi didnt work and also when using EDP 6, it says current bootpack provided didnt support mountain lion

• Administrators

Ok, well it's a long tilme since I had to use EDP on those machine since my installations date to over a year ago. In the present case, I would not use EDP in that case, just add  your required kexts as necessary to /E/E and run myFix (quick).