E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

Thanks for the useful guide and the work involved. I finally could update my 10.9.5 installation. However I'm getting stuck with a boot0 error. I tried every solution I could find on the web but without luck. Maybe it has more or less something to do with Yosemite. Booting from the USB stick is working so I still have access to my OSX installation. 

Looking forward to hear about the Audio fix. :)

exactly the same problem here:

boot0:GPT

boot0:error

Try booting to the installer drive (E6410Y) after installing, not the drive or partition you installed to. Sometimes I've found it boots to the setup screen on the drive/partition with Yosemite, but other times it will just boot to the installation setup. If it gets to the installation setup, open up a Terminal window (utilities, terminal), and run these commands:

mkdir /Volumes/[nameofpartitionwithYosemite]/System/Library/Kernels

cp -R /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/[nameofpartitionwithYosemite]/System/Library/Kernels

Then reboot to the bootloader on the flash drive and pick the Yosemite partition.

Terminal answers that File exists, but still no boot from HDD

Hi,

i have the same issue, after the installation process and the post install process, it won't boot if the usb installer is not plugged.

Chameleon says windows is installed ! I tried to install on another hdd but this is the same.

Can't understand why !!!

Hi,

i have the same issue, after the installation process and the post install process, it won't boot if the usb installer is not plugged.

Chameleon says windows is installed ! I tried to install on another hdd but this is the same.

Can't understand why !!!

Seems like many users are rolling  back to 10.9.5

Including original Mac users.

I didn't  manage to boot Yosi on my stationary Hack either, although it has native support for OSX and  it is smooth with Mavericks.

Actually, there's a similar problem - boots only from USB.

Bummer.

With the provided KEXTs and DSDT for the Chameleon guide in this thread, i used exactly the same files for Clover and am a very happy Yosemite user, tbh it even feels snappier than Mav. It has been my daily driver for quite a while.

I tried it with Clover too.

On Latitude and on custom Gigabyte z87x-ud4h based stationary.

No go.

I upgraded 10.9.5 to 10.10 on MBR partition. The audio did not work after upgrading. I tried different versions of Voodoo still no luck.

I fixed by doing the following settings.

1) Removed AppleHDADisabler.kext from /Extra and /S/L/E, removed VoodooHDA.kext

2) With Chameleon Wizard, turn on HDAEnabler, kext_dev_mode=1

Reboot, it works.

Hi Wuerge

I am interested in your solution. I have a few questions;

1- What do you mean by "on MBR partition" ?

2- did you follow Patel4prez guide full installation path or the upgrade path ?

3- What is your system configuration ?

thanks for your help.

Hi Wuerge

I am interested in your solution. I have a few questions;

1- What do you mean by "on MBR partition" ?

2- did you follow Patel4prez guide full installation path or the upgrade path ?

3- What is your system configuration ?

thanks for your help.

I had many testing recently. I even don't remember what I did.

Basically, I followed the GUIDE to install 10.9.4, then upgraded to 10.9.5 and made everything working except sleeping.

My laptop is E6410, i7, NV 3100. I installed Windows 7 and Mavericks. Bootloader is Chameleon. The bootloader is installed in Mavericks partition. The harddisk is MBR partition.

After I upgraded to Yosemite, the audio did not work. I tried Voodoo and others. None of them worked. Eventually, I removed Voodoo, but turned the HDAEnabler on, it works.

Later on, I tried the fresh installation of Yosemite. The trick did not work. I have to install Voodoo2.86.pkg and use HDAEnabler on. Please use pkg to install the driver. It will remove AppleHDA and install Voodoo properly. Reboot is requred. For some reason, I had to install couple of times.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,