E6410 nVidia - Yosemite Help Thread

v3ct0r

@patel4prez and anyone who could answer this.

We really have an outdated card that barely has been maintained, and i just read this:

The Nvidia NVS 3100M or Nvidia Quadro NVS 3100M is a business graphics card that is based on the GT218 core (e.g. GeForce G210M / 310M) but with drivers that are optimized for stability and compatibility in business applications).

Is it possible to patch DSDT or do something to rename the card to a stock GT218 options as above? would that be of any benefit for us, especially if there are better kexts?

• Administrators

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-NVS-3100M.24738.0.html

If by renaming you mean the cosmetic change, it's useless in terms of QE/CI improvement. What matters is that the card details are suitably injected through DSDT if that proves required (for instance if the card is not natively recognized). Once the card details are properly injected, OS X will load the correct nVidia kext and framebuffer; everything should then be Ok.

But if the card is natively detected and the OS X-provided nVidia family + framebuffer kexts are loaded, there's nothing else you can do. The only possible "better" kexts could be nVidia's own, if they exist for OS X (for that GPU).

Thanks for the clarification Hervé. I've been bugged by the fact that i cant use the VGA and Built-In Display at the same time and i desperately need it. Even when placed on the dock, all the external outputs work but the internal display is totally ignored, which is my only set-up at the moment.

I did try a lot of nVidia Web drivers, none worked. The Cuda package shows this information: GPU Driver Version: 10.0.19 310.90.10.0 , i guess that will remain like that until some OS X version wont be compatible with it anymore

Anyone having WiFi disconnections after display is off? Whether a minute or 15, when my display sleeps and i log back in, WiFi is not connected. Anyone having the same issue? Im on 10.10.1

Try turning bluetooth off if you have it. An annoying fix, especially if you use bluetooth and it works :-P

I can't manage to install (chameleon or clover) to boot Yosemite, I installed acording to the guide, and everything went almost perfect, except for the boot. I need to use the USB to boot into Yosemite.

Any sugetstion?

Hardware:

Dell Latitude E6410

nVidia card

Solid State Drive 160Gb

well you have to now install a bootloader to the hard drive. unless you do not mind booting off the usb stick. it should be the same procedure you did to get it on the pen.

Sorry,  didn't made myself clear, I tried to install chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) and chameleon and Clover as Legacy mode (no UEFI) with no problem at installation process, but once I reboot the laptop I didn't get any bootloader, I only see a blinking cursor with the black screen.