Yosemite Installation Guide - Latitude E5440 Intel i5 - Clover UEFI

jorgexgb

• Administrators

Is it Intel graphics HD 4600? If so, graphics acceleration is obtained through:

1) DSDT injection or Clover faking of desktop HD4600 device id 0412 + Azul framebuffer #12 0x0a260006. For example:

Device (IGPU)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                {
                    "device-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        0x12, 0x04, 0x00, 0x00          // fakes Desktop HD4600 id
                    }, 

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A          // injects Azul framebuffer #12
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }
                }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        [...]

2) Use of Rehabman's FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics kexts

If you want HDMI audio, you'll also have to patch HDEF + HDAU devices in DSDT, use patched AppleHDA and Rehabman's FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kext.

• Administrators

@dlonewolf86

1) Your DSDT injects the wrong iGPU id 0416 (mobile HD4600); it must be 0412 (desktop HD4600)

2) Your DSDT injects Azul FB 0x0a260006 so you do not need to add it to Clover config plist

3) Your Clover config plist injects PCIRootUID 1; I'm pretty sure that's wrong and I would recommend you get rid of it

4) Your Clover config plist does not inject Intel for Graphics; I think it should

5) Your Clover config plist has a binary patch for IntelHD5000 kext (commented "full QE/CI for HD4400"); is that necessary? What does it do?

6) same for the Azul FrameBuffer kext so same quesion; I would remove those patches

7) Your Clover config plist has Asus AICPUPM patch enabled; it's not required on a Haswell platform; you only need KernelPm patch

8) Your Clover config plist has no BooterConfig parameter and no CsrActiveConfig parameter; you need them for El Capitan and Sierra

9) Your Clover config plist contains a strange SMBIOS profile that bears no board id/serial number/BIOS version; re-inject the MBP11,1 profile using the magic wand

I would not expect your system to run well until you fix those defects.

• Moderators

Jake,

Thank you for the effort, but it's still not working. I still get flicker in Chrome, and now I have a solid  white loading bar on the second stage of boot. What else could it be?

Install FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /L/E or /S/L/E, repair permission and rebuild cache

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id