Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

V8 test 5:

- Hopefully fixes Rushmore sleep craziness!!

- Initial support for V8 trackstick

- More fake identifiers to convince macOS we're using an Apple touchpad.

- Fixes some sluggishness introduced in last test version.

Tested in my HP Presario 14-v065br (ALPS V8). Still no trackpad movement  :-(

dmesg says:

ALPS: Found a V8 touchpad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x14, EC=0x73 0x02 0x36

ALPS: TouchPad driver started...

Tried to get some information from Console, on trackpad use, but couldn't find it.

i am have problem when i will execute touchpad setting. 

i have checking accessiblity for touchpad setting and error message still pop up 

"System Events got an error: Can’t get group 1 of window \"Trackpad\" of application process \"System Preferences\". Invalid index." number -1719 from group 1 of window "Trackpad" of application process "System Preferences"

• Moderators

V8Test5 on Sierra

on E7450

E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0xba 0x2a
-Touchpad works but not after sleep
-Trackstick is still not detected, not even the trackstick left or right mouse or middle button
- won't sleep with lid close, after opening LID, screen stays dark, can't increase brightness, force reboot
- sleep when activating from Apple Menu, brightness is fine, but no more touchpad
- sporadic reboot after wake

Boot with the kext, and check the E7 and EC ids. Those are whats used to match the device.

I can't figure out why my Alps touchpad isn't giving out a correct ID ?

AppleUSBMultitouchDriver::identify: not an ALPS device. Invalid E6 report

I'm a 100% sure this is what is it:

It should produce E7=73 03 0a, EC=88 b3 18

​Any Ideas?

Maybe because I have the latest bios firmware installed ?

Side note: 

My Keyboard would also drop out when I used your version of VoodooPs2.kext I thought they were related ?  Something is different with the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext plugin?

Because the latest 2 versions by Rehabman  VoodooPS2controller.kext they have something different in the keyboard plugin  ? My keyboard works fine with the latest 2 versions. I guess what i'm asking is will you be updating to the latest version of voodoo keyboard plugins?

I had been using EMlyDinEsH version Appleps2smartouch.kext so i haven't noticed. 

I will donate/pay to get this working on my system? I can send some Paypal Or if you need a 7950 hd gigabyte video card ?  I really need to get this working on my system.   Thanks!

Dude, I'm not ignoring you. It's not about money. According to the Linux driver, if the E6 id is not set to a certain value, the device will be rejected by the ALPS driver.

I'll make you a special driver which skips the E6 check later tonight. I doubt it'll work though...

• Like 2

I have a dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with an ALPS touchpad (according to the guide for the laptop, I was linked here). I've tried version 5 in the OP as well as the latest beta version, however my touchpad doesn't work with either. the only thing I can find in dmesg about my touchpad is:

Report bytes: input:20 output:20 feature:1Collections : 6Buttons     : input:8 output:2 feature:0Values      : input:0 output:0 feature:0Element value capacity 23140Report count: 6Report ID: 0 input:0 output:0 feature:0Report ID: 1 input:72 output:8 feature:8Report ID: 3 input:40 output:8 feature:8Report ID: 4 input:16 output:8 feature:8Report ID: 16 input:56 output:56 feature:8Report ID: 17 input:160 output:160 feature:8Recsel fails src=010001c0 oss=00000200

at least I think that's related to my touchpad. I'm unsure of what hardware ID it uses, how can I check?