Refined ALPS TouchPad driver

Dr. Hurt

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude E5430. Used the latest driver (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8285-refined-alps-touchpad-driver/page-59&do=findComment&comment=67735) but got an error that no keyboard or trackpad had been recognised. Any suggestions?

(This might be linked to a sleep problem - I'm having an issue at the moment where the laptop boots up, sleeps straight away, and so the only way to get into it is to then wake it from sleep...This might be related if theres a sleep problem with the driver?)

• Moderators

Sleep during boot could be due to you using DSDT from system with different version of BIOS.

Check your system log to see if it has Alps touchpad. Most Latitude I worked with does, but this could be an one-off.

If you have Windows, you could check device manager for keyboard/mouse

Thanks for that. I just booted into Windows, and the device manager shows it only as 'PS2 compatible mouse'. The system log has no record of anything saying alps, but neither does it have touchpad, ELAN, synaptics or focaltech... What would I search for to find out what touchpad I have?

Dom

• Administrators

Open up Device Manager and look into the various info listed in the touchpad device Properties->Details tab...

Example (not from an E5430):

Device_properties.jpg Details_tab.jpg Manufacturer.jpg

Don't hesitate to browse through all the listed info for hints.

Of course, you should first consult the Dell online support web site, especially the documentation and/or the drivers for your model. Stating the obvious but most people don't even think about it... Oh, look!

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e5430/drivers

E5430_Touchpad.jpg

• Like 1

1. i use natural scrolling. But when i pinch to zoom, it got inverted to natural. How to invert it back?

2. I couldn't invoke the notification center with the trackpad. Any solution?

Thanks all.

ALPS: Found a V3 Rushmore TouchPad with ID: E7=0x73 0x03 0x0a, EC=0x88 0x08 0x1d