E5450 Broadwell UEFI Clover install help

lemming

• Administrators

Re: ig-platform-id, are you guys sure the correct syntax in the plist is "0x16260006" or "0x16160002" literally? When I used to specify this parameter manually with Chameleon or Clover, I always had to enter it in reverse order and without "0x".

For instance for id 0x0a260006 (i.e. Azul FB #12), I always had to enter ig-platform-id value "0600260a".

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far.

I've been able to get sound, ethernet and bluetooth working with the information posted so far.

Still no joy with the Intel HD 5500 video though.

The first DSDT in the zip file led to garbled screen and a reboot.

The second seemed to work better, however I still need to go into the Clover options on bootup and enter 0x16160002 or 0x16260006 under Graphics Injector --> FakeID, to be able to make it into OSX.

For some reason now, about 5 seconds into the boot process the screen goes blank and OSX loads with nothing on the screen. I can type in my password and then hear the volume go up and down when I adjust it with the hotkeys, so I know the OS is working; just no video. Might have been when I tried reversing the hex values in the suggestion above. I hooked up the USB into another MAC and fixed the values, but I still get a black screen.

I am using the files provided and have deleted the AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer patch from the provided config.plist

I might try my old config.plist 

It seems that my system no longer likes the DSDT.aml that I got from the post that was linked earlier.

When I remove it from the patched folder, I am able to login (no graphics acceleration  and sound no longer works though).

Could it be because I'm using someone else's DSDT? 

Some progress, finally!

Without DSDT, Yosemite loads with a garbled screen on laptop screen, but at the same time outputs full hardware accelerated 1080p through the HDMI port. It reports 1536 MB of graphics RAM

The mouse cursor looks fine on the laptop screen, the rest is pretty distorted with lines and stuff. You can see a little of what's there, but not much.

If I put it to sleep, the laptop screen is perfect when it wakes up...

Anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

Also. Would love to be able to get the sound and bluetooth working again, but it doesn't seem to work anymore with the provided DSDT.aml and SSDT-10.aml (Screen goes black 5 secs into booting. OSX loads and I can hear the sound when I turn the volume up and down with the function keys on the keyboard)

• Moderators

Re: ig-platform-id, are you guys sure the correct syntax in the plist is "0x16260006" or "0x16160002" literally? When I used to specify this parameter manually with Chameleon or Clover, I always had to enter it in reverse order and without "0x".

For instance for id 0x0a260006 (i.e. Azul FB #12), I always had to enter ig-platform-id value "0600260a".

Pretty sure Hervé. I only enter it in reverse in DSDT ( 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A ) or in binary patch (0600260a) for Haswell.

For Broadwell, it would be DSDT ( 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x16 ) or in binary patch (06002616), but in Clover I use 0x16260006 and it works just fine.

Everything from the top zip file is what I'm using now (just a config.plist and original files created from Clover pressing F4).

I have a feeling the IntelMausiEthernet.kext I installed might be causing issues.

I'll uninstall it and see if I can install the DSDT and SSDT