Almost Done Setting E5450 with el Capitan. I can use a little help

Cyber_Redeem

• Moderators

Yes, it's patched from your origin DSDT/SSDT.

Judging from your post regarding LAN and garble screen, you are not using my bootpack linked in post#2.

The included config file, kexts and DSDT/SSDT should have fixed all the issue mentioned.

My config uses ig-platform-id 0x16260006 rather than 0x16160002 or 0x16160000.

Are you able to get HDMI video and audio with your current config?

Hello and Happy New Year.  I am using the bootpack. After checking step by step to see what is triggering a correct boot-up I noticed When I only drop OEM SSDT everything gets recognized but now it hangs after Sound recognition  I have made several changes I will start over again to make it clean.   Question.  Do I have to relocate the Kexts to s/l/e and l/e respectively after the Installation? 

Cheers.

• Moderators

I'm assuming you have set the required DVMT for graphics...

The only kexts you need to add to /L/E are the kexts found in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE as describe in Post Install.

No need to relocate them as it won't be injected by Clover. Just copy, ignore the popup error and run the terminal commands.

6. Copy kexts from /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/LE to /Library/Extensions of Macintosh SSD

7. Repair permission and rebuild cache. Run command from terminal

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E*
      sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /L*/E*
      sudo touch -f /S*/L*/E*
      sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Happy new year!

As for wifi card, the dw1560 (M2) is quite expensive currently. I am using this USB dongle. It works well and won't break your bank. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU?keywords=TP-Link%20WN725N&qid=1451765035&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1 .

I have generated my own dsdt and ssdt files using Jake's link, but still could not get sleeping to work. When screen going dark for a few minutes and laptop cannot wake up. 

Happy new year!

As for wifi card, the dw1560 (M2) is quite expensive currently. I am using this USB dongle. It works well and won't break your bank. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU?keywords=TP-Link%20WN725N&qid=1451765035&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1 .

I have generated my own dsdt and ssdt files using Jake's link, but still could not get sleeping to work. When screen going dark for a few minutes and laptop cannot wake up. 

Thanks I will get one.