Latitude E6510 El Capitan

griftopia

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Grief!

Forget QE/CE verification. I know that's working fine. Please tell me how I can use my DVD writer. If I can pretend it is some other SMBIOS will it break my install?

PS - This is from the link you provided, has a DVD drive right?

By default, it is configured with 4 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-8500) installed in pairs (two 2 GB modules), a 320 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL "SuperDrive", and dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 memory and Intel HD Graphics with 256 MB of RAM shared with the system -- that Mac OS X automatically switches between for better graphics performance and better battery life, respectively, depending on application use.

What are the symptoms? None of your USB or HDEF devices are patched...

Okay, like I asked at beginning, I'm using a e6410 DSDT and installed with it. USB ports and QE/CI work fine. Not sure what HDEF is.

Anyways, everything is working (SD Card i don't know and don't care because I know it always breaks sleep for me).

The only thing I care about right now that does not work is when I put/let laptop to/goto sleep, screen will blank, but power button is not "blinking", it is on steady. Pressing it does not bring back the screen. I have to power cycle.

in this maverick guide here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/3112-dell-latitude-e6410-mavericks-guide/, he states sleep does not work and from what i have checked the issue goes back to snow leopard. 

If you notice though he is using VoodooSDHC to get his SD Card working. In all dell laptops I have tried, I can always get SD Card working with that kexts, but it always also breaks sleep. So I'm still hoping there is a way out.

PS - That guide seems to need so many fixes for Mavericks, I didn't need any. The only extra thing I needed was that kext for DVD drive from Jake Lo.