Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

@Bronxtech - Unfortunately no. I don't see partitions in my Boot List, just the Hard Drive and if I select it, it will boot to Windows. And my BIOS does not let me put any path to any partition. Not sure if I didn't select all options when I installed Clover to the 1st partition. It did create additional EFI partition too, and I have noticed sometimes on boot EFI is mapped, but most times I have to mount manually. Needless to say the only way to get into OS X right now is always through USB.

I followed the same steps I always do when dual booting. Use USB stick to partition, install Windows on 2nd Partition first which makes it the Active Partition. Machine will always boot to windows, until I install OS X on first partition and after installing bootloader, it makes IT the Active Partition and I'm good to go. Has always worked with Chameleon/Enoch. With Clover it does not seem to me making 1st partition active Partition. I went and checked in Windows - windows partition is still the Active Partition.

If what I'm saying above is not my issue, then I dunno what is.

Guys, finally got Clover to boot from Mac OS partition. Phew!

I have Sound and Wifi USB working too. However have some issues

1) Display Brightness does not stick. Keeps setting itself to 100% brightness after reboot.

2) Voodoo Preferences do not stick, e.g. I check "Enhance Stereo" but after reboot it stays unchecked.

3) Wifi sometimes will not rebind. Have to Turn Radio Off/On. I have profile saved for my wifi network credentials. Also Wifi Utility keeps popping up every time I restart (very annoying). Anyway to stop that?

4) Selecting Sleep restarts computer (I thought it was strange if I stepped away from computer, I ended up back on Clover Menu, it went to Sleep and then restarted while I was away).

Finally, I went ahead and updated 10.11.4. I got graphics artifacts again. So booted off USB and deleted AppleINtelGraphicsFB.kext from /S/L/E of hard disk (since update put it back). However now I'm stuck on Apple Logog :-(

• Administrators

try rebuilding the cache or booting without it to see if it loads back to the OS you can also try in safe mode.

For display brightness maybe you need to add EmuVariable from clover installer.

For reboots that can be a few things like something not correct in DSDT like LPC or maybe another Fix is needed  but you can also try adding DataHubDXE from clover installer.

For Voodoo you might need to install the settings loader script

For WiFi you might have to delete your networks, manually remove your networking preferences, reboot and add them back might also need to set it as EN1 and built in. 

What i did was go to this URL and get the 10.11.4 kexts for graphics. For the FB kext I got the one closes to what I had for 10.11.3. I DID boot with those kexts on the USB stick chosing Hard Drive, then put those kexts in CLOVER/kexts/10.11. I thought I was done. Then I couldn't boot from Hard Drive. Tried again to boot from USB stick and I can't get in. Huh? When I boot using USB stick but chose the Hard Disk, is it using kexts from my USB stick or from my Hard Drisk Clover/EFI? I'm still using -f of course. Do not dare put anything in S/L/E yet.

I might have to start all over :-( This really bites. I wish I could boot with Enoch. Clover is causing me too much grief.

I'm going to try to get things back to where they were initially and may be by that time someone can tell me exact order to proceed in to get the graphics kexts with 10.11.4.

PS - The time I was able to boot with 10.11.4, I did notice brightness was low and this time I didn't even have brightness control in System Preferences->Display.

Okay I have it working with 10.11.3. QE/CI working. I have NOT installed any kexts in /S/L/E. My graphics kexts are in Clover/kexts/10.11 and I'm still booting with -f.

Can someone please tell me if this is correct way to upgrade? PS - This is NOT what I did the first time but thinking is what I should do

1) Remove Graphics Kexts from Hard Disk.

2) Reboot with USB stick and selecting Hard Disk. It should boot (because it did the first time) using 10.11.3 graphics kexts on USB.

3) Install 10.11.4 combo update. It will reboot to messed up screen. Power off.

4) Boot of USB stick and go to Utilities->Terminal. Remove AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext from /S/L/E (since 10.11.4 update installed them back there).

5) Make sure correct new Graphics kexts for 10.11.4 are on the USB, then select Hard Disk and boot. If the Graphics kext on USB are correct for 10.11.4 then it should boot to Hard Disk (like it should in Step 2 with 10.11.3 kexts). Make sure QE/CI working. REPEAT until correct AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext is identified.

6) Copy 10.11.4 Graphics kexts to Clover/kexts/10.11.

7) Reboot straight from Hard Disk. (It better boot or I will push fist through laptop).

8) Take all the kexts from Clover/kexts/10.11 and install to /S/L/E. Then remove -f and boot from Hard Disk without USB.

9) If it works, permanently remove -f from config.plist.

10) Dance.

Thanks in advance,

Guys I'm at step 5 !!! Booting int 10.11.4. Needless to say no QE/CI yet since I don't have correct Graphics kexts

However before I continue, I need help. My IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext is not longer working. I get DVD Initialization Error. I need this to work so when I eventually get QE/CI working I can confirm

10.11.4 broke IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext (worked in 10.11.3). Can someone please help?

• Administrators

they might have added a new dependency to the new kext's info plist that needs to be updated or added to your injectors info.plist dependencies are usually at the bottom of the plist's you can check them with text edit.

@bronxtech - Attached the kext.

I want to add, I had reached out to Jake Lo since he had pointed me to that kext first. My problem is the FB kext that worked for me in 10.11.3 does not work in 10.11.4. I've gone through ALL FB kexts for 10.11.4 twice already and while some let me get to desktop, none worked as QE/CI.

So the error code I get 70017 might not be because of the DVD kext but because QE/CI not working in 10.11.4. I dunno what I'm going to do. Might have to wait till 10.11.5 FB kext is available and try upgrading, maybe. Going to be hard to convince any one none of the FB kexts for 10.11.4 is working for me, because they will surely believe I'm making some stupid mistake, but I'm not :-(. I had QE/CI working perfectly with 10.11.3

IOAHCISerialATAPI_Injector.kext.zip