Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

Okay how do I do that? I tried -s option, but every time I type a key I get lot of text getting inserted on the screen.
Besides, I removed AppleIntelGraphics kexts from /S/L/E before installing, so how come it got there? I'm saying boot without kext cache.

• Moderators

It might be removed from /S/L/E of the USB installer but during install it's pulling the files from elsewhere. I believe either from BaseSystem.dmg or from Packages folder.

Boot with the USB installer, open terminal.

run diskutil list to determine the name of the installed drive

then remove the kexts from terminal

Is there an easy way to remove the kexts. I tried rmdir -p AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext but it keeps saying directory not empty. I might have 4 more such kexts to remove. I can only do brute force and go to each directory then delete files then remove directory. So lame :-(

Anyways, that worked :-) Deleted AppleIntelHDGraphics and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kexts. Able to boot from hard drive. Resolution seems fine but seems sluggish. First will dual boot windows and then come back install Clover and work through the rest. Also need to figure out how to install DW1520 card. Ethernet working, so that's good.

Will start separate post when I'm ready to resume.

• Moderators

example:

sudo rm -rf /Volumes/OSX drive/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics*

Install the patched FB to gain full graphics acceleration. Kexts found in the link posted by Hervé.

Lenovo has whitelisted any non Lenovo branded wireless device. In order to replace it, you'll need to mod the BIOS. 

Google for it, should have one already somewhere, but use at your own risk. Alternatively, use an USB wireless card.

Bummer on the wifi :-(. Let's see how adventurous I feel. Hopefully Realtek USB works OOTB. There is no wifi card that will work with Lenovo? Matter of fact, the wifi card I have in there seems to be recognized in System Info, but I can't tell what it is. Do I have any hope with that?

Will note that command for next time.

Well, like I said, wanted to finish installing windows first so I can then install Clover on the HD. Device Manager in windows clearly says 

Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN. So that's that.

So I have a Realtek RTL8188CU wireless usb 2.0 adapter. I looked at the inventory of supported cards and I found RTL8188SU, RTL8188CUS, RTL8188EUS. Can I try with the latest 10.8 version for v2.0.1?

Fixing windows now and will be able to resume with OS X shortly.

Guys I need some help. I simply cannot boot Mac OS of the hard drive partition. I do have both Windows and Mac OS installed but it will always go to Windows. I do have Clover installed on the Mac OS partition. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

I will upload my files shortly. Once I know I can boot of my HD without USB I can work on other peripherals (I'm bummed even VoodooHDA not working)

PS - I do have QE/CI working !!! Now the "bible" instructions to use Ubuntu CD to figure out what kind of connector I have didn't work for me because the Ubuntu CD did not even have the command necessary to find it out. However I took a chance I had LVS connector.

T510_Files.zip