Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

• Administrators

You might have been, yes... I'd restore them if I were you.

Looking at the DSDT (dated May 2016) you posted on May 24th, one will notice that none of your EHCx or HDEF devices have the usually required _DSM method that defines power settings and is required for sleep. I would suggest you add this to the DSDT devices. You'll find details of the code all over the forum. Here for instance.

If, after that, you still have issues like instant wake, you may adjust the _PWR methods for those given devices. All according to info posted by Rehabman on his blog.

Re: USB injector, it's used to get USB ports to work (be recognised), not really for sleep or wake. The SMBIOS you use must match the model configured in the USB injector and the ports specified in the injector must match those defined in the DSDT... The injector kext posted above would gain by being substantially optimised (read: remove all unnecesary entries). Look here for details re: creation of an adequate and optimised USB injector.

Couple of questions

I looked at the Info.plist from REEMA. It does not even have the appropriate XML nodes for ports at all. So I think you are saying I should add them. In your post, the picture on the right is telling you what to add into the Info.plist. How did you obtain that picture. Is it from IOReg?

Finally, my USB ports are working fine, only after sleep they don't work. The only other time I had issue with USB ports not working was when they were not working period. At that time I remember you asking me for IOReg for that dell laptop and then gave me an USB Inject. Unfortunately that was for Precision M6300 which I gave away so I can't check my assumption above. If you can please clarify.

Sorry, but i did fix my "instant resume after sleep" problem with DSDT edits. I mentioned them above.

My problem now is that AFTER resuming from sleep, my USB ports work no more. My USB ports do work after restart/powercycle. That's why I'm asking if USB injections is going to help me at all here.

Emm... if its a dsdt edits .. i use my own patched one .. am on vanilla elcapitan and all is working fine .. 

try test with ur old dsdt and see if usb working after sleep or not .. then re patch the dsdt to what suites ur system

Reema. It is only with my "new" DSDT with the changes I mentioned was I able to get sleep working. However in the process I lost USB after resuming from sleep.

USBInject is not working for me either with your kext or with what Herve said. Even with my OLD DSDT if I Inject USB kext I lose USB ports. With Old DSDT my USB worked fine, but since sleep didn't the USB problem didn't surface.

I'm going to play with adding back PRWs to my DSDT. If not, keep trying something else.

hi

do u use clover or enoch

send me ur config plist or ur clover folder and ur old and new dsdt

can u try booting ur system with enoch .. its easy .. just make a usb pen and boot ur system .. try both dsdts and check if usb worked after sleep .. that means the trick is with ur clover config file not on dsdt

Hope such will help