Lenovo T510 El Capitan Intel Graphics

griftopia

@bronxtech - Yes you are right, sir. With my Inspiron 1720 I didn't even upgrade to El Capitan yet but I'm perfectly happy with it. So I'm going to wait till 10.11.5 patched graphics kexts are available, then upgrade and give one more shot, else I will revert back to 10.11.3. With a couple of 10.11.4 FB kexts, laptop worked reasonably well and I can live without DVD player. Matter of fact, that 10.11.3 FB kext might be working best with 10.11.4.

Meanwhile, would appreciate if I can get help to solve my remaining outstanding problems. I think I need DSDT help and tried a few things but couldn't get anywhere.

1) Sleep - It does seem to work. Laptop goes to sleep, i see blinking power button and fan turns off. However, a couple of seconds later, it comes back to life. After googling I grep'ed on syslog. The reason for wake is EHC2. I understand this is some USB port waking it back up. However, I don't have any USB devices. Anyways, I tried patching it based on info from a few posts, but always got unbootable laptop.

2) Brightness setting does not stick (whenever I get reasonably working FB kext of course). It is always at 100%. Thinking some stupid clover setting.

3) VoodooHDA works for audio without any "Fix" edits. Initially couldn't get it to work, then googling informed me VoodooHDA does not work from "kexts" folder. So I installed in /S/L/E and voila! However, once again, like brightness, my VoodooHDA preferences do not stick.

My DSDT is in one of my posts above. Really appreciate any help.

QE/CI working with 10.11.5 !!!

If I can only solve my Sleep issue I will be done. Still,  I now have a usable laptop so couldn't be more happier. I've been using alternative config.plist file pointing to alternate dsdt to keep testing. Every change I've tried to get sleep working makes laptop unbootable. Something very strange going on. Will keep at it, but hoping someone reading this post has figured it out and can help me out.

Sorry I thought I mentioned already my wake reason from syslogs is EHC2. I followed instructions on the DSDT patch url you linked but like I said above, it didn't work. My DSDT which I attached does have the patch.

And hibernatemode was 3 I changed it to 0. Made no difference. Sleeps, then wakes up immediately.

So guys I finally fixed my "instant resume after sleep" problem. The solution was

1) rename EHC1/2 to EH01/02.

2) remove _PRW sections from the DSDT everywhere except under LID and SLPB.

However now I have another issue. I've googled but not getting anywhere. My problem is after resuming from sleep my USB ports no longer work. Apparently my DSDT changes were able to turn USB ports off and so I am able to sleep, but on wakeup, the USB ports are not getting powered again. I'm guessing here of course. Is their some USB injection kext fix, perhaps?