CPU i5 2410M

Ram 6GB

Motherboard Dell 0J4TFW

Gpu Intel HD3000 
Gpu NVidia N-Vidia NVS 4200M

Audio IDT High Definition Audio

Network Broadcom 802.11

BIOS A02

I'm trying to instal<l Sierra using the guid I found in this forum, but it doesn't work. I get the Apple logo, then the loading starts, and when the white bar is a bit more than halfway, the process just stop and I get a prohibited mark.

I would try also the guide that use myHack, but when I run the App i get an error message.

What can I do? 

Thanks for the help

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

MyHack only supports up to Mavericks, anything newer will require a manual process. See my Clover guide, Bootpack found on post #2

You'll need to enable Optimus in the BIOS, AHCI and use Legacy BIOS mode.

Bootpack is for bios version A19, so try upgrading to that prior. Make sure to read thoroughly, including the Notes1 regarding legacy mode.

Ok so I'll update the Bios. Actually I followed the guide you posted, and I used the Bootpack and i set the BIOS correctly. I would install Maverick if it's easier and more compatible. I have an hackintosh already, a pc with Sierra 12.5 on it, so how I get the Maverick installer? To me is more important to have a stable experience, so if Maverick is better, I could go for it

I just get an error during the apple logo boot. I get the prohibition mark.
About Mavericks, or El Capitan, can I use both the hd3000 and the nvs4200 on them? cause I need to use photoshop and softwares like that so...

• Moderators

Yes for ElCapitan you can use NVS4200m, bootpack is E6x20_NVS.zip ( disable Optimus in Bios). For HD 3000, you can use Sierra bootpack E6520_Optimus (Optimus enabled in bios). 

You can't run both at the same time, not supported in OS X.

The prohibition means it's not detecting the USB installer. Try the eSata /USB port when booting.

Hi! I've been able to install El Capitan but I can't go on with the post installation (part 3, step 7) because I can't see the "Macintosh SSD" drive.

For now the Wifi is not working

EDIT: i came on Finder's Preferences and i solved it XD