griftopia

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Bronxtech,

No I didnn't have HFSPlus.efi in EFI/clover/drivers64UEFI. Sorry if I missed that in instructions, but I could've sworn it didn't mention anything about that efi file. Now I do.

Now,  F12 and selecting USB stick gives me the same issue. HOWEVER, just letting it boot to USB gives me Clover menu with Install OS X option !!!

Would like to know what's going on and I dunno what's going to happen later when I need to boot from USB and SSD will also have OSX, but for now, I added -v to "Options" and trying to get further along. Will report progress here.

It says installing, about 12 minutes remaining, progress bar not moving for last 10 minutes. I'm going to wait few hours if I have to.

So it took 1 hour. Following instructions.

Issues I'm seeing

1)When building kextcache, get the following error. Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel. Not sure if problematic. Any idea?

2) couldn't generate SSDT because I don't see "wizard icon". The SSDT in "patched" seems to be working fine.

3) Should I install Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2 from AppStore. I'm thinking I should leave that alone.

4) I did the hibernatemode thing. Trying to put machine to sleep from menu simply blanks screen somnetimes. Other times it works. So something not quite right

5) Bluetooth not recognized. Dell Kext which works with e6500 does not work here.

• Moderators

Try new bootpack

Firmware updates are for real Macs. Either generate new smbios with latest Clover Configurator or use one from the new bootpack, has new SMBIOS.

Shouldn't take an hour to finish unless your USB installer has slow read or you drive is mechanical and not SSD.

HFSPlus.efi is included in the generic EFI attachment. You probably miss this big note in post #2 for the bootpacks

Note: Bootpack (EFI) consists of combining the Generic EFI + the model you're downloading!!!

New bootpack has additional SSDT-USB by anhgiang, so might fix the bluetooth issue. When rebuilding cache, errors might occur. 

Rerun the touch and kextcache commands again until errors are gone. Error 107 shouldn't occur if you're installing 10.12.4 and above.

Sorry, but I already have all those files. Yes, I remembered to include HFI efi. The file names and dates and sizes in "patched" I'm using are identical. I tried modifying IOBluetoothFamily plugin Broadcom kext inserting product id and vendor id for bluetooth 380. No dice

Error 107 still an issue. Not sure what to do about it.

will keep trying, but i feel i have hit a wall right now.

• Moderators

Does bluetooth shows up under USB of system information?

If not, then it could be the USBInjectAll + SSDT-USB.aml are not working.

If that's the case, enable USB port limit in the Config file, remove the SSDT-USB.aml in EFI

Reboot and check again.

By the way, what bluetooth device do you have?

You will not believe my stupid problem !!!

I was having the kext Contents folder open in finder whenever I attempted rebuilding cache. That was my effin problem all this time. Bluetooth works. SLEEP also works. Trim is enabled!

My bluetooth is Dell 380. See this post

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6238-dell-latitude-e6530-i7-3840qm/page-2&do=findComment&comment=35612

The one difference is IOUSBDevice should be IOUSBDeviceHost. The new kext has it that way. It is not perfect solution I guess since OS update will kill the fix. But I can take a backup.

And here's something impossible. Bluetooth On/Off works. SD Card slot works!!! I've never EVER gotten these to work in any laptop thus far.

I think I am basically done here. Yippee!!!

Can you tell me if I can go ahead and install the thunderbolt update so i will stop giving me annoying reminder? I am thinking if I don't have the hardware it should be fine.

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

• Moderators

You could just hide it from installation.

Yes, SD Card reader works for most Latitude ranging from SandyBridge to Broadwell that comes with the O2 Micro card. 

Starting with Skylake, Dell replaced them with Realtek that's not supported.

• Administrators

[...]

My bluetooth is Dell 380. [...]

The one difference is IOUSBDevice should be IOUSBDeviceHost. The new kext has it that way. It is not perfect solution I guess since OS update will kill the fix. But I can take a backup.

[...]

You can add the patch to FakeSMC Info.plist. It'll then be sustainable to macOS updates, as long as Apple does not change the kext name and the associated Info.plist entries syntax like they often do between releases. It's the same as for any such patches (AGPM, WWAN, Bluetooth) where you add an entry rather than modify existing ones.