E6420 research thread

Stork

Trying to get ML 10.8.4 installed on the following system:

E6420

I5

HD3000

1600x900 native resolution

Initial install was accomplished but I had to remove a number of KEXTs from the MYHACK usb installer related to graphics for the install to run:

Located in S/L/E folder

AppleIntelHD*

ApplyIntelSNB*

Now I am running into an issue on the reboot where by OSX setup process is getting stuck / frozen at the "select your keyboard" option. I tried safe mode and plugging in a USB keyboard but no luck. I even loaded via MYHACK the EXTRA folder from Jake Lo posted in this thread, post #94, since our systems are basically the same except fore the resolution but it seemed to make no difference. 

Possible graphics issue still or something else?

Thanks

• Moderators

Trying to get ML 10.8.4 installed on the following system:

E6420

I5

HD3000

1600x900 native resolution

Initial install was accomplished but I had to remove a number of KEXTs from the MYHACK usb installer related to graphics for the install to run:

Located in S/L/E folder

AppleIntelHD*

ApplyIntelSNB*

Now I am running into an issue on the reboot where by OSX setup process is getting stuck / frozen at the "select your keyboard" option. I tried safe mode and plugging in a USB keyboard but no luck. I even loaded via MYHACK the EXTRA folder from Jake Lo posted in this thread, post #94, since our systems are basically the same except fore the resolution but it seemed to make no difference. 

Possible graphics issue still or something else?

Thanks

You should not have to delete those kexts, restore them if you can. Just replace my bootpack with this DSDT. It's been modded to support your resolution. Rename it to DSDT.aml or change it in the boot.plist to reference this one.

DSDT-2CH.aml.zip

Jake Lo

I am starting from scratch just to make sure I did not miss a step and rule out and screw-ups I might of did trying to get it to work.

Creating a fresh USB installer at the moment - sticking with 10.8.4,

Just want to confirm that I should replace the DSDT from your EXTRA folder with the one that you just supplied and leave the KEXTs that I removed earlier? Thanks

• Moderators

Jake Lo

I am starting from scratch just to make sure I did not miss a step and rule out and screw-ups I might of did trying to get it to work.

Creating a fresh USB installer at the moment - sticking with 10.8.4,

Just want to confirm that I should replace the DSDT from your EXTRA folder with the one that you just supplied and leave the KEXTs that I removed earlier? Thanks

That's correct. Don't delete any files, only the 3 files when prompt during the build.

Up and running. Thanks!

Rebuilt my USB installer with your EXTRA folder and then did the install.

NOTE - I had to run the initial install under SAFE MODE (-X) to get it to run.

Everything seems to be working outside of a couple items.

1 - Sound. Controls are there, icon works along with FN+ up/down arrows but no audio through the speakers. 

I assume the AppleHDA file in your Extra folder was patched..?.? Tried placing the AppleHDA into S/L/E via KextWizard (repaired permissions) but did not make a difference. Thoughts on VOODOO instead or is there a patched AppleHDA that works well with E6420

2 - Touchpad. Gestures are not working. I think there is KEXT out there for that too but unsure if it would be compatible for the E6420. 

• Moderators

Up and running. Thanks!

Rebuilt my USB installer with your EXTRA folder and then did the install.

NOTE - I had to run the initial install under SAFE MODE (-X) to get it to run.

Everything seems to be working outside of a couple items.

1 - Sound. Controls are there, icon works along with FN+ up/down arrows but no audio through the speakers. 

I assume the AppleHDA file in your Extra folder was patched..?.? Tried placing the AppleHDA into S/L/E via KextWizard (repaired permissions) but did not make a difference. Thoughts on VOODOO instead or is there a patched AppleHDA that works well with E6420

2 - Touchpad. Gestures are not working. I think there is KEXT out there for that too but unsure if it would be compatible for the E6420. 

1) Make sure Chameleon is 2210 or below for the patched AppleHDA to work. VoodooHDA 2.8.4 would work fine too, just not HDMI Audio

2) Touchpad, try here. It's still in development stage, but usable.

Hi Jake Lo

I am using mac os 10.8.5 but Graphic HD 3000 , Centrino Ultimate-N 6300, sound : IDT 92HD not working  

E6420 : i5 2520, HD 3000 1600x900, ram 6G

please help me. thanks

Make sure Chameleon is 2210 or below for the patched AppleHDA to work. You'll need to replace the Intel Wireless card, it's not supported.