Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

I tried following this guide with new App store 10.8.4.  I tseems to get to very nearly boot (from the myHack install drive) then freezes with last warning being "AGPM Controller unkownPlatform"

Then loads intel8256MM

then "enable success"

Then freezes there.

I have tried different Nvidia kexts posted on here.. doesn't get me past that stage.

I used the e6400 boot back with the changed line in the bootloader config file as suggested

Just a note that my wifi card (broadcom 1397) could not connect to non-WEP encrypted networks (WPA, WPA2 etc) after 10.8.4, but restoring airportd from 10.8.3 as suggested in another thread appears to have worked 

re-attached that file here

replace the /user/libexec/airportd with this one, fix permissions to 755 & root:wheel ownership.  I also removed the apple quarrantine flag: 

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /user/libexec/airportd

• Like 1

thanks Darvinko!

my card is Dell Wireless 1397 and it worked perfectly with 10.8.2.

post #397 doesn't work for me - new system does not detect the wifi hardware at all.

The migration to new Wi-Fi formats has broken some Wi-Fi cards, remind me of which card you have. Read post #397 above and try that to see if it works for you.

Unfortunately there were some casualties in the changes Apple has incorporated into their new WiFi utilities and If memory serves me correctly the DW1397 was one of them. I'm not sure anyone has resolved this yet. A new card may be in order. Cards that work OOB will have the most longevity. My vote is for the DW1510, which can also be found listed as PW934.

Just a note that my wifi card (broadcom 1397) could not connect to non-WEP encrypted networks (WPA, WPA2 etc) after 10.8.4, but restoring airportd from 10.8.3 as suggested in another thread appears to have worked, re-attached that file here

replace the /user/libexec/airportd with this one, fix permissions to 755 & root:wheel ownership.  I also removed the apple quarrantine flag: 

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /user/libexec/airportd

Confirm, works with my E6400 + WLAN 1397 802.11 a/b/g, i was able to update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 [apple update]

My S/L/E and E/E

you can find there working/patched airportd from 10.8.2

Thank you mrbryan!

Confirm, works with my E6400 + WLAN 1397 802.11 a/b/g/N, i was able to update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.4 [apple update]

My S/L/E and E/E

you can find there working/patched airportd from 10.8.2

Thank you mrbryan!

Thanks to both mrbryan for the workaround and KOLIBERk for the confirmation and making the patched airportd accessible for those unfamiliar with how to do so. I have a DW1510 (rebranded) and was unable to confirm this workaround, but another member indicated it did not work for them.