Looking for Help - E7270 FullHD Touch IPS

burzlbaum

@Jake Lo

Thanks for the information about the patches! I tried to start my own dsdt but its really a pain in the *** for a newb like me. And im pretty sure it won't be better then a dsdt made by a pro like you guys. Still not sure if the dsdt is really my problem.

@Bronxteck

after recreating the nvram on my efi I removed install rc and emu. I also deleted the 2 folders in etc. to make sure rc is gone.

I only use AptioMemoryFix now and booting into login screen is working without any problems. after login the brightness is still not working. And if I reduce the brightness to the minimum it won't get back to max brightness. But at minimum I can see a little bit and if I start sleep after waking up everything is perfect. - except I have to sleep first to get the perfect system...

i tested to create something in the nvram and after reboot with -p its still there.

does one of you guys have another idea how I get the brightness working before starting to sleep? right now I can use it pretty good but id like to have it almost perfect.

Thanks again 

• Administrators

if you still have an nvram .plist the old values might be getting read so remove it entirely make sure there is not one in EFI or on root of osx volumes. or maybe you need to reset nvram from clover gui you can press F1 at clover prompt for instructions.

Thanks for your reply! I deleted nvram and it didn't came back. In Clovermenu I hit F11 and reseted the nvram. After entering the system Im facing the same problem. and if I check nvram -p there is still the "MyVar TestValue" I created a few days ago. Don't know what that means.

After reading the Thread where Jake Lo linked for DSDT Patching I noticed, that jerrywilborn had exactly the same problem with brightness like I do. He solved it by creating his own dsdt and patching ssdts. But I don't understand what patch he used for the ssdts also I get tons of Error trying to create my own DSDT after using "HDEF layout1".

I really appreciate your suggestions and all the help!

After spending frustrating hours trying to get my own dsdt I gave up and focused on the information I got from the post of jerrywilborn. So I renamed all IGPU entries in DSDT back to GFX0 and used the clover Patch to rename them. I was able to boot but no changes. So I tried to boot without dsdt and even that was possible (sound wasn't working) but the Brightness still wasn't working correctly until sleep.

So I thought if I have the same problems with or without dsdt - the dsdt can't be the problem. I continued booting without the ssdts and without and with dsdt. Every time I bootet without the SSDTs-0/7 I got a Kernel Panic.

And the question that bothers me a lot y the hell do I have problems before sleep and not after like most not finished hackintosh projects xD

I reseted my nvram in clover menu. But after nvram -p I noticed that my old entry (red marked) is still here. Shouldn't it gone after reset? I checked my entire invisible files - there is no nvram.plist anymore on my EFI or SSD

fakesmc-key-MSWr-ui8 %00

fakesmc-key-RPlt-ch8* j130%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-RBr -ch8* 2016mb%00%00

EFILoginHiDPI %00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-#KEY-ui32 %00%00%00%11

SystemAudioVolumeDB %e7

fakesmc-key-BATP-flag %00

fakesmc-key-MSTc-ui8 %00

LocationServicesEnabled %01

security-mode none

fakesmc-key-BNum-ui8 %01

csr-active-config g%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-$Num-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-MSFW-ui8 %01%00

fakesmc-key-REV -ch8* %026%0f%00%00%97

fakesmc-key-MSPS-ui16 %00%03

fmm-computer-name Martins MacBook Pro

backlight-level A%03

MyVar TestValue

fakesmc-key-$Adr-ui32 %00%00%03%00

bootercfg (%00

fakesmc-key-EPCI-ui32 %09 %f0%00

bluetoothActiveControllerInfo o!\%0a%00%00%00%00%80%14%c4%8e%8f%faQ%14

fakesmc-key-MSAc-ui16 %00%00

SystemAudioVolume 5

specialbootdevice %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%17%03%12%0a%00%02%00%ff%ff%00%00%04%01*%00%02%00%00%00(@%06%00%00%00%00%00@#%ce%0e%00%00%00%00m%a7%c7k%d8`&@%8apYc%b4{%f3%c7%02%02%7f%ff%04%00

fakesmc-key-RMde-char A

flagstate %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00

fakesmc-key-BBIN-ui8 %01

fakesmc-key-BEMB-flag %01

Thanks that worked.

Still having issues with the Brightness. I ordered a bigger and faster SSD (NVME PCI E WD Black) so I will reinstall my macOS soon. Maybe the issue is gone after. But im not so optisimtic.

Tanks for all the help!

Oh boy...

I did the BIOS Update to 1.18.5 and set it back to default. Then I did the recommended Settings again. My macOS was still "working". I didn't recognize any changing. 

Then I switched the SSD to my new WD Black 256 GB Nvme PCIe0. And installed Windows 10 UEFI to a small part of it. The other 2/3 of the SSD I left unformatted to install there macOS High Sierra.

Well I took my EFI Folder of the old installation and wasn't able to get the install menu. Then I tried the old files Jake Lo attached in earlier pages in this thread. I took exactly the same files, folders and settings I used at the last time I installed successful. But I stuck very early. Haven't done a screenshot yet.

Could the Windows Installation caused that problem or is it the bios update? Or is it just the person in front of the notebook xD

I attached my new origin folder, hoping you could get me another DSDT SSDT Patches for the 1.18.5 to be sure thats not the problem.

Thanks a lot... im getting a little frustrating with that dell :(

origin.zip