Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

32bit, since the gma drivers is limited to 32bit by apple...

Yeah, thought so. I was just curious. I am still looking for a reason why I cannot boot from HD. I thought that, since my D430 runs 32bit environment only, some of the kexts might be 64bit and are causing trouble. Well, though luck. Another potential explanation stroked out.

Yeah, thought so. I was just curious. I am still looking for a reason why I cannot boot from HD. I thought that, since my D430 runs 32bit environment only, some of the kexts might be 64bit and are causing trouble. Well, though luck. Another potential explanation stroked out.

Did you change your bios settings to match mine?

• Administrators

you do have to use dsdt in /extra folder for latest edp to work but edp should have already put it there for you... or unless you use crc's modified bios that integrates a dsdt then no you don't need it in /extra because it is read from bios... just in case there are any misunderstandings

Hi,

(I am total newbie on this so....)

I followed your instructions to get osx installed on D430. I think I have possibly

done something wrong.

I got os installed from the image provided in the help. After installation I tried following

the docs on installing the bootloader and extra-drivers.

So bootloader installed on machine is: Chameleon v2.0-rc5 r665 (it shows this when booting).

After selecting the drive, I get error message: Incorrect image signature

What can be done to fix this issue?

When I have the pendrive attached to USB, then I can boot from the harddrive, which is kind strange.

Also: the extra-package 1.4 is missing the tool: ./edptool.command

so I think there is some issue getting the all extras / build done correctly

thanks in advance

Jakke

-----

edit 2011.02.28 After installing the system again and selecting the NON-case sensitive option to format filesystem, all is now ok. I'm running system 10.6.6 after doing the upgrade.

So case can be closed.

Sounds like maybe a corrupt boot image file. I would try copying the boot file from Anval 5.14 into the root. You'll have to delete the current boot image file there first before copying the one out of this zip. http://forum.osxlati...h&attach_id=159

Anval is better anyway, I'm getting better speeds out of it. Also make sure you are running the latest rc of edp. 1.4 is quite outdated.

Hi,

(I am total newbie on this so....)

I followed your instructions to get osx installed on D430. I think I have possibly

done something wrong.

I got os installed from the image provided in the help. After installation I tried following

the docs on installing the bootloader and extra-drivers.

So bootloader installed on machine is: Chameleon v2.0-rc5 r665 (it shows this when booting).

After selecting the drive, I get error message: Incorrect image signature

What can be done to fix this issue?

When I have the pendrive attached to USB, then I can boot from the harddrive, which is kind strange.

Also: the extra-package 1.4 is missing the tool: ./edptool.command

so I think there is some issue getting the all extras / build done correctly

thanks in advance

Jakke

Did you change your bios settings to match mine?

Yup, I did. No changes whatsoever. Whatever I tried, all boot attempts from HD fail, but the same configuration from stick boots fine. So many people use the EDP and Chameleon with their D430 and only mine causes a headache. It's really bizarre.

you do have to use dsdt in /extra folder for latest edp to work but edp should have already put it there for you... or unless you use crc's modified bios that integrates a dsdt then no you don't need it in /extra because it is read from bios... just in case there are any misunderstandings

Yeah, I thought so myself. However, Leon was posting in this other thread explaining how DTDT-less BIOS works great and then posted his /Extra folder with DSDT in there. That kinda confused me a bit. I am bound to try CRC's BIOS as a next step in my search for a solution. It's still frustrating not having found out why my D430 acts so weird.

I did 3 complete new installations following the tutorial, just to be sure I didn't miss something. Always the same result: boot from HD ends up in a KP. Also, after 10.6.6 combo update my battery disappears. I presume that my power management (and probably sleep as well) issues are connected to that fact. Something in my D430 is apparently different compared to all others, which work fine.

Thanks guys,

I have now installed the AnVAL v5.1.4 r709

When system boots it no longer complains about 'Incorrect image signature',

the system still not come up. I see very brief complaint about

'hibernate is too old by 51398 seconds' (or something like that) and then

I am back stuck in the the please restart screen.

Now what? Is this just a case of those /Extra files being too old???

-J

Can i get everyone to put their system specs in their specs. It would really help in trying to identify the problems if i know what you are running. Use my sig as an example.

Jake. It boots up via usb though? Okay that's just strange. Can you grab the newer edp 1.5rc6 and try again please. Let me know how that works. I'm puzzled.