Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

Hi,

Thank you for quick responces.

First: is this edp 1.5rc6 already publicly available? Yesterday I could not download it.

Second: I managed to get photo out of that error message, so I can now type it here.

It is listed in the top left corner of the display and has two lines. The second line

shows up about 0.5 seconds later and then system gets to please restart.

---

Hibernate image is too old by 52752 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

---

And yes, luckily the mahcines wakes up when started from usb-key, so it is using the

bootimage from the installer image linked in your help page.

-Jake

• Administrators

When you see the bootloader window, press the arrow key down, and select "boot verbose"

Then take a picture of the KP (Kernel panic) that you get and post it here..

The hibernation error can be fixed via the fixme script..

start the edptool, and choose the fix menu...

OK, here an update:

- Replaced BIOS A09 with D430_OSX BIOS, no problem

- In BIOS checked all config items needed (internal graphics, USB wake "off" and such)

- boot from HD successful for the first time! (No KP - yes!!!)

Issues so far:

* internal keyboard and trackpad do not work (tried applePS2, voodooPS2 but no go)

* graphic resolution 1024x768 whatever I do. I do have correct resolution 1280x800x32 in my com.apple.boot.plist

(it appears correct when apple logo and the wheel (progress indicator) are on, but as soon as login appears resolution becomes 1024x768)

* no sound

* i still cannot change my hibernation setup for proper work of sleep

both, terminal command and edptool, option 2 - Fixes, then option 2, are showing "Error 0xe00002bc writing customized power profiles to disk"

I just took Leons D430 /Extra folder, removed DSDT and made an reboot. Apple logo (different than the one I usually see. (it's gray in 2D instead plastic 3D light gray look) stays on for ages and the wheel is moving slowly, but almost not moving at all. Booted verbose. It freezes at "WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized". (I cannot attach screenshot. Apparently my account does not allow another upload).

Well, that's the status. Booting with files configured on my own machine - Issues above

Booting with Leon's D430 working config freezes.

OK, apparently in all cases there are issues. Somehow it seams to me that power management or parts of it are involved. That still does not explain why I cannot boot from HD, if I am using vanilla BIOS. With CRC's modified BIOS I can boot from disk but have no sound, wrong graphics resolution and sleep issues.

Any ideas?

THX

EDIT: I made an error. Prior booting with Leon's files, I forgot to rename /Extra.Leon into /Extra. So, boot was without /Extra folder. Hence, it freezes. Now I corrected this and Leon's /Extra gives me KP right on the start. CPU not recognized or such.

I run edptool in Leons /Extra folder and will reboot again. New config, all fixes and permission rebuild.