Dell Latitude D430 Thread

Zeppo

Hi Zeppo i've sent u a PM how it ALWAYS works 4 me. Give it a try...

How I said: Don't format your HDD case-sensitive (Groß und Kleinschreibung) only GUID and Mac OS Journaled...

That is 100% your problem... Fix it and u will see everything works fine...

BTW. LEON WE SHOULD CLEARIFY ON WIKI THAT CASE SENSITIVE ISN'T WORKING ERRORFREE...

ZEPPO BITTE INSTALLIERE DEIN SYSTEM NEU... NICHT CLONEN NICHT WIEDERHERSTELLEN... KEIN GROß UND KLEINSCHREIBUNG...

because of this special GERMAN (we think it only exist in german installations) problem i made a small exception... please remember this is a english spoken forum

ZEPPO BITTE INSTALLIERE DEIN SYSTEM NEU... NICHT CLONEN NICHT WIEDERHERSTELLEN... KEIN GROß UND KLEINSCHREIBUNG...

because of this special GERMAN (we think it only exist in german installations) problem i made a small exception... remember this is a english spoken forum

Well, one of my external hard drives with vanilla OS X on it (I installed Chameleon for the first time there, just to be able to use it on D430) is formatted with "Extended/Journaled" only and it still didn't work out.

However, I'll give it a shot. It'll be my 4th clean install. I hope this solves the issues.

heh.. i think i have reinstalled like 20 times since i started.. 16 more to go :P

LOL! I really don't want to beat you in this particular sport.

Ja give it a try Extended journaled is absolutly right - i think i have reinstalled 15 times - and usb-hdd booting is always special in comparison to internal hdd...

Damned Leon ure fast... :D

OK, I'll do it.

BTW: do I need to run 10.6.6 in order to check if this would work? I mean, is it OK to install 10.6.0 from DVD, boot into OSX after the install, install Chameleon and EDP 1.5 rc6 on HD, configure everything and than reboot again? Is EDP 1.5 rc6 working with 10.6.0 with no issues?

I don't want to go trough the whole hassle of downloading and installing of the 10.6.6 combo update if I can check this before this is necessary.

Also: what is the safest configuration? ApplePS2 + Apple PM + no PCMCIA or should VoodooPS2 + PM package + no PCMCIA work better?

Merci Buckets guys!!