Mountain Lion anyone?

Darvinko

I don't think there's anything w/ my method that will fix his problem. I, too, get random shutdown/restart problems exactly as he's described.

I would say that shutting down works 80% of the time, but restart is 50/50. When restart doesn't work, it either stays at the grey screen or kicks you back to the login screen. It might be a DSDT thing so I'll have to go through the file and see if I can fix it there.

I have e6500 and bios A26 (I thing, A26 is last and newest for my e6500) and shutdown and restart working well.

• Administrators

Hello,

I've just installed mountain lion on my E6400 w/T9900 3.06 GHz. Everythings work but sleep.

But I seen that CPU speed reported by System Information is only 1.53 GHz, and Geekbenk benchmark report a low score.

Anybody have some ideas to solve this issue?

Thanks.

check your bios settings you might have some form of dynamic acceleration on. or your on battery.

I just had a crazy idea. Could I somehow flash my bios to the latest M4300 bios? From what i understand it's the same board.

The reason i was thinking this was maybe then I could use the M4300 boot pack and shutdown and restart may work better.

...That IS a crazy idea... I doubt you'd be able to get it to begin flashing.

Anywho, your machine. Your risks.

I just had a crazy idea. Could I somehow flash my bios to the latest M4300 bios? From what i understand it's the same board.

The reason i was thinking this was maybe then I could use the M4300 boot pack and shutdown and restart may work better.

This is something I MIGHT consider, then immediately forget. Likely to cause more problems than it might cure , like the death of a good board. Google "Flash BIOS with another model"

This thread's getting kinda' quiet. Everyone enjoying their Mountain Lion installations? :3

Other than the occasional shutdown/restart hiccups, we ARE enjoying ML.

This thread did its job (at least until 10.8.2) ... :D

Other than the occasional shutdown/restart hiccups, we ARE enjoying ML.

This thread did its job (at least until 10.8.2) ... :D

Hopefully, 10.8.2 will be as smooth as it's predecessor. Sorry, I've been working on Installing ML on an HP desktop and on an early MacBook Pro (1,1 32 bit) (also hoping to be able to do the same for 32 bit Hackintosh's), as the E6400/E6500 seems to be at a pretty good operational level.