Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

When  I boot with the -v bootflag, it seems to reboot once all the files are read. At least that's what I think, it instantly shuts down not really giving me a warning about when it's coming up. It definatly runs through a lot of pages of reading files, though. Any ideas?

EDIT: Tried all kinds of boot flags. Opened up my laptop to see if there was an extra wireless card, can't seem to get to it. Does anybody have the BIOS settings necessary for this specific system?

Didn't seem to make a difference. Sorry if this is an inconvenience, but I do appreciate your trying to help.

I took out the WLAN card last night, that seemed to make some difference in the boot process but it ultimately ended with the endless boot cycle again.

• Moderators

Didn't seem to make a difference. Sorry if this is an inconvenience, but I do appreciate your trying to help. I took out the WLAN card last night, that seemed to make some difference in the boot process but it ultimately ended with the endless boot cycle again.

Can you confirm you have the nvidia card and not the Intel display card?

I was able to successfully boot in from my USB drive. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue now that I'm in so that I don't need to boot in from my drive anymore?

EDIT: Everything working besides Wifi. Ethernet seems to work fine, but Wifi will not even show up as an option.

• Moderators

I was able to successfully boot in from my USB drive. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue now that I'm in so that I don't need to boot in from my drive anymore?

EDIT: Everything working besides Wifi. Ethernet seems to work fine, but Wifi will not even show up as an option.

That could be because you have an intel wireless card. That's not supported, you'll need to replace it. Click on Wireless Cards on my signature below for list of supported/unsupported cards.

To confirm, from terminal run lspci -nn. See what you have on your system.

That seems to be the issue. Just ordered a USB wireless card.

I'll ask again just for the heck of it, is there anything I can do so I don't hjave to boot in from my external HDD? Would it be possible to make a bootable USB and just boot from there as an alternate option?

• Moderators

That seems to be the issue. Just ordered a USB wireless card.

I'll ask again just for the heck of it, is there anything I can do so I don't hjave to boot in from my external HDD? Would it be possible to make a bootable USB and just boot from there as an alternate option?

Don't understand your question. You can't boot your OSX without your external drive?