D830 NVS140M Mountain Lion Install Hangs

Flinch987

Just further confirmation: the installation ended on an error, but everything seemed to work fine. Also loading the latest update seemed to work even though it ended with an error.

I installed GuitarRig 4 (I own a mobile interface) and tried to register. But the installation also ended on a failure notice, again everything seems to work but since I can not get the installation recognised by the activation tool, I'm not able to get the full version active (it installs as a demo first).

Has anyone found a solution for the installation error in ML yet ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Flinch987 (and all the other GURUs!),

I'm in the same boat as you are (were).....I'm stuck at the....

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

[ PCI Configuration begin ]

I'm trying to install Mountain Lion on a D830 with nVidia Graphics (1600x1000).....using the myHack installer.

What boot options did you use?

I've also copied over the IOPCIFamily.kext (as per the myHack guide) and ran the Full myFix on the USB installer key but the installer does not boot?? HELP!!!

How do I proceed???

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

• Administrators

A few people recently called for help, not managing to install ML and getting the same sort or error message. They were using ML copies of unknown origin, which were probably all corrupt. After buying and downloading a legit' copy of ML off Apple Store, their installation succeeded. It's just a hint, I don't know if that's applicable to you...

http://forum.osxlati...4114#entry14114

A few people recently called for help, not managing to install ML and getting the same sort or error message. They were using ML copies of unknown origin, which were probably all corrupt. After buying and downloading a legit' copy of ML off Apple Store, their installation succeeded. It's just a hint, I don't know if that's applicable to you...

http://forum.osxlati...4114#entry14114

I can only agree with you. It is not exclusive to any model either. See here (from the Mountain Lion Anyone thread):

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Wafic, on 18 November 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Ok after 100 attempt's i manged to install 10.8 i had to buy the image from APP Store, installing perfect with no errors, seems the ones i download from the internet all have problems!! got 9 copy's of 10.8 and 2 copy's 10.8.2 all didn't work for some reason the only one worked is the one i bought from app store seems intresting.

Thanks for the help Guys

That is why one of the first questions I asked was if you had gotten it from the app store or from a torrent. The torrent downloads can often be corrupt. Glad it worked out for you!

Considering the time invested in doing this, not to mention the time downloading a torrent, it seems spending the $20 (US) is well worth the time and effort saved.

• Administrators

To all of you who got stuck at:

ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5]

[ PCI Configuration begin ]

please download new D830 boot pack. The ACPIPlatform kext might have been missing from the boot pack, resulting in above state/issue.

The boot packs certainly are Ok now. If one of you could try again, that'd be great. Thanks.