ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I think v.2.7.5 has a bug, it not work if boot with -s (both UseKernelCache = Yes/No) 

I don't think that is related to my driver, it could be the cache issues so try to fix if you have any kernel cache issues(look at your system log for those). If you're sure that my any one of my previous version driver works with the same flags then let me know and i'll take a look it.

this is my System log file . thank you !!

I've checked your log and it shows that your touchpad is not Elan because its failing for the query of the driver so confirm about your touchpad and i think its Synaptics touchpad, use VoodooPS2xxxx driver.

can u telme how to find whther my elan touchpad is v2 or v3 or v4....

i used latest v4 files 1.8.2 beta i guess....it hepls me run keyboard and trackpad both but trackpad lacks some multitouch gestures like three fingers and four fingers....corner tap...edge swipe(right edge swipe for notification center)(which works for me by v 2.7.5 but unfortunately keyboard does not work at all )..

with v.2.7.5 my keyboard does not work trackpad works good with edge swipe corner tap two finger scroll....but not 3 finger 4 finger....

with v4 1.8.2 my function keys do not work at all.......(dell inspiron n5520) help me to recognise my elan hardware whether its v2 v3 v4....??????

wna tel u dat my keyboard works great with fn keys and perfect mapping with voodoo....i hav attached it in my last message

Take a look at your system log for the boot verbose details where you can see which version you have when my driver initializes.  You might be having Kernel Cache issues that's why my kext is not working so try to fix those issues by looking at those issue in system log. Also update your chameleon boot loader to the new version or try different versions.

I don't think that is related to my driver, it could be the cache issues so try to fix if you have any kernel cache issues(look at your system log for those). If you're sure that my any one of my previous version driver works with the same flags then let me know and i'll take a look it.

I dont't try with Elan's previous vesion, but try with ApplePS2Controller before change to Elan, it worked with -s (can use keyboard). I think Elan must load before terminal appear (like ApplePS2Controller), but dont know how to do.

I attach my boot log.

kernel.log.zip

Do you have Elan touchpad? v2, 3 and 4 are hardware. My driver supports only v3 and v4 hardware so far and going to support v2 soon. But, you're explanation is confusing.

Which version of my kexts you've installed and working? What is your problem with Fn keys?

"...and going to support v2 soon."

That would be great. How soon is soon?

I've checked your log and it shows that your touchpad is not Elan because its failing for the query of the driver so confirm about your touchpad and i think its Synaptics touchpad, use VoodooPS2xxxx driver.

but my touchpad is really ELAN :

elan.jpg

THX

Take a look at your system log for the boot verbose details where you can see which version you have when my driver initializes.  You might be having Kernel Cache issues that's why my kext is not working so try to fix those issues by looking at those issue in system log. Also update your chameleon boot loader to the new version or try different versions.

i saw my loggg... it said "ASSUMING v3 hardware"......

after installing v3 and reboting....no keyboard or trackpad worked....

rebooting again both things worked....rebooting again didnt worked....it works alternatively...once it works once it doesnt.....

wat coulb be problem???????

while eith v4 both my trackpad and keyboard works but trackpad lacks much more multitouch gestures....

i hav those gestures in v2;)

help meee

i saw my loggg... it said "ASSUMING v3 hardware"......

after installing v3 and reboting....no keyboard or trackpad worked....

rebooting again both things worked....rebooting again didnt worked....it works alternatively...once it works once it doesnt.....

wat coulb be problem???????

while eith v4 both my trackpad and keyboard works but trackpad lacks much more multitouch gestures....

i hav those gestures in v2;)

help meee

help plzzzzzzzzzz

in console it shows "assuming v3 hardware" ......and after installing v3 files after restart nothing works and again after restart both trackpad and keyboard works flawless......but again at next boot both doesnt works.....it works at alternate boots....help plzzzzzzzzzz

help plzzzzzzzzzz

in console it shows "assuming v3 hardware" ......and after installing v3 files after restart nothing works and again after restart both trackpad and keyboard works flawless......but again at next boot both doesnt works.....it works at alternate boots....help plzzzzzzzzzz

Check your console for logs starting with "Elan". It may be a kext conflict.