ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

v2 beta tester please, i've got an asus n53sm with 10.8.4

PM me and i'll give you details.

Thanks but I'm sorry, I tried search on here and google but can someone run me through the steps or shoot me off a link on properly unlocking the plist?  I can open it but when i try to save changes, it says its locked.  I've tried updating permissions but that doesn't work either.  Thanks in advance!

One more thing, I know the answer to my post (i asked if i could turn off tapping so I could use the physical touchpad buttons) was to edit the plist for each gesture to -1 but wont that disable all gestures?  i still would like 2 and 3 finger swipes but not the tapping, is that possible?  thanks!

Are you asking about two and three fingers tapping? Please explain which features exactly you want to disable so i can help you.

PM me and i'll give you details.

Are you asking about two and three fingers tapping? Please explain which features exactly you want to disable so i can help you.

Hi, thanks for the response I'm actually talking about 1 finger tapping.  I prefer to use the physical left touchpad button for my clicking as opposed to a single tap.  Currently the way the touchpad works now, using the physical left touchpad button makes the cursor jump all over the place on my Asus x202e.  I'd still like to keep the other gestures, 2 finger scrolling, 3 finger swipes.  Thanks so much!

In having the same problem with my x202e. I'm fine with tapping but only tapping enabled requires me to use draglock instead of just holding and dragging which I don't really care for. Either way this driver is excellent, the latest update makes 3 and 4 dinner gestures much better. One question though, what is triggering expose? I keep triggering it on accident when trying to access mission control even though both 3 finger swipe up and down are both set to mission control. I don't know what I need to disable. I also can't figure out how to disable the one finger swipe from left but still keep swipe from right. Thank you :-)

Also, I'm willing to beta test for v2.

Hi, thanks for the response I'm actually talking about 1 finger tapping.  I prefer to use the physical left touchpad button for my clicking as opposed to a single tap.  Currently the way the touchpad works now, using the physical left touchpad button makes the cursor jump all over the place on my Asus x202e.  I'd still like to keep the other gestures, 2 finger scrolling, 3 finger swipes.  Thanks so much!

Do you have v3 (or) v4 hardware? And explain your left button bug of jumping with a scenario so i could check from my end and fix it.

In having the same problem with my x202e. I'm fine with tapping but only tapping enabled requires me to use draglock instead of just holding and dragging which I don't really care for. Either way this driver is excellent, the latest update makes 3 and 4 dinner gestures much better. One question though, what is triggering expose? I keep triggering it on accident when trying to access mission control even though both 3 finger swipe up and down are both set to mission control. I don't know what I need to disable. I also can't figure out how to disable the one finger swipe from left but still keep swipe from right. Thank you :-)

Also, I'm willing to beta test for v2.

For disabling features, you have to assign value -1 in plist for those features so read plist editing section for more details. 

For beta test, PM me and i'll give details.

Hello,

I have some Problems. Im using an aspire S3 with VMware workstation 8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.4 erverythings works Fine! Actually i can use the Elan Smart pad but with the minimal Features. Is ist possible to "Upgrade" the driver to get the wohle Features like in the First post?

Hello,

I have some Problems. Im using an aspire S3 with VMware workstation 8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.4 erverythings works Fine! Actually i can use the Elan Smart pad but with the minimal Features. Is ist possible to "Upgrade" the driver to get the wohle Features like in the First post?

What features are you missing? I've explained about every feature and how it can be turned on/off using plist edit, so go through those details.

do you have v3 (or) v4 hardware?

Do you have v3 (or) v4 hardware? And explain your left button bug of jumping with a scenario so i could check from my end and fix it.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply and I do appreciate you taking your time in helping me with this issue.  I have v4 and essentially when i physically click the left touchpad button (not tap), it makes the cursor jump so it makes clicking inaccurate. If I try to hold the left click touchpad button down, I can't drag with it.  I'll hold the button down and try to drag an item but it just moves the cursor.  I have a Asus x202e.  Thanks so much!