ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

EMlyDinEsH: Great work! This kext fixed a lot of my issues. It's great to finally have gestures in OS X with a regular touchpad.

Can I make one suggestion? Would you consider making the default settings for the kext the default for Apple's gestures?

http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/gestures.html

I think it's logical to make the trackpad work like the Apple trackpad was intended by default and allow users the options to change settings as they wish from there.

One setting I noticed you haven't programmed yet is the thumb and three-finger spread to view the desktop. The gesture seems to work I just can't assign it to anything.

Great work and I hope these suggestions are useful.

I think that is a good idea  :)

Any ETA on v2.8 of the kext?

I've uploaded v2.8 today, so please test and let me know feedback and issues if anyone has. 

PS: Sorry for the long delay happened with this release, but from now onwards there won't be any delay and also going bring v2 hardware support soon from upcoming versions.

I think that is a good idea  :)

EMlyDinEsH: Great work! This kext fixed a lot of my issues. It's great to finally have gestures in OS X with a regular touchpad.

Can I make one suggestion? Would you consider making the default settings for the kext the default for Apple's gestures?

http://www.apple.com/osx/what-is/gestures.html

I think it's logical to make the trackpad work like the Apple trackpad was intended by default and allow users the options to change settings as they wish from there.

One setting I noticed you haven't programmed yet is the thumb and three-finger spread to view the desktop. The gesture seems to work I just can't assign it to anything.

Great work and I hope these suggestions are useful.

Surely, I'll consider this from next version.

I've uploaded v2.8 today, so please test and let me know feedback and issues if anyone has.

PS: Sorry for the long delay happened with this release, but from now onwards there won't be any delay and also going bring v2 hardware support soon from upcoming versions.

Excellent. Going to try it out ASAP, been waiting a while. I really hope many issues are fixed. Thanks!

Excellent. Going to try it out ASAP, been waiting a while. I really hope many issues are fixed. Thanks!

Right, tested kexts. Scrolling and tracking seems to have improved a lot, but 3 finger swipe still isn't detected. A lot of pressure is needed for the gesture to be detected. Also, brightness control in fn keys mode 1, I have set to ArrowUp and ArrowDown, but its not working.

Right, tested kexts. Scrolling and tracking seems to have improved a lot, but 3 finger swipe still isn't detected. A lot of pressure is needed for the gesture to be detected. Also, brightness control in fn keys mode 1, I have set to ArrowUp and ArrowDown, but its not working.

With Fn keys only ArrowDown, Left and Right values are assigned but ArrowUp not used. Did you try to use default values  for fn keys mode 1 and is it working?

And do you mean three finger gestures are not detected at all (or) just need to give more pressure?

With Fn keys only ArrowDown, Left and Right values are assigned but ArrowUp not used. Did you try to use default values for fn keys mode 1 and is it working?

And do you mean three finger gestures are not detected at all (or) just need to give more pressure?

Yes, they are detected but I need to give a LOT of pressure. And another issue I discovered: even after disabling all the 4-finger gestures, the gestures assigned to 3 fingers(which I need to give a lot of pressure) work normally with 4 fingers. What's happening? Quite weird