Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

The kext does indeed make my bcm 94352 combo work on my asus g75vw but, I can only sleep once. If i try to sleep again it will just hang. I am stumped. I am guessing dsdt issue but I don't get why it would sleep once. I attached an IOREG dump and my dsdt if you could take a look? Thank you very much again for all your hard work with hackintoshes.

EDIT: Using toledo's kext in combination with yours using FW=3, I can sleep and connect my bluetooth devices. However, if I turn bluetooth off and go to sleep, it doesn't sleep and I have to forcefully turn it off. I think I'm close to solving it though. I think it could be xhc error with my usb controllers? I will update if I find anything else.

bluetooth.zip

What is the model name of your bluetooth? is it standalone bluetooth or comes in Combo with WiFi? Send me your ioreg file and system profiler info without my kext so i can take a look?

The device is a built in combo bt&wifi on acer v3-571g. The wifi module is not powered at startup and not seen in OSX but only the bluetooth seems to be working. I will attach/send my ioreg tomorrow.

Well, the handoff feature is Apple own implementation so this firmware patch (which is only to provide the update needed for some devices to work with the all the functionalities according to Bluetooth standards with the drivers) doesn't going to help for this handoff specifically. We might need to look into the Bluetooth drivers of OSX and the Apple Bluetooth firmware for any ideas.

I'll try to look into this more soon and will share if i was able to find anything i can do in Apple bluetooth binary or firmware update.

It's alreay enabled the airdrop in 10.10 and ios8,but the systeminfo even never display about the airdrop and handoff support...

I'm looking forward to this. :-P

Well, windows drivers you are using might be using different firmware than my kext uses in OSX. So, dual booting with system restarts may give problems. You said something about sleep wake issue before, is that still there?

Sorry for the very late reply EMlyDinEsH  :mrgreen:

Yes, sleep wake issues are still there. 

Same Error:

The USB device BCM20702A0 (Port 7 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Updated to 10.9.4 but the same. I've been ignoring it lately but wish to fix it.

Note: If I uninstall your kext, the error persists, but the entry says "HubDevice" instead of "BCM20702A0", I guess that identification is thanks to your kext. 

Thanks for the help and for all the hard work put into this!

Azurewave AW-NB290H on lenovo G580 running Mavericks 10.9.2 reporting here, model is BCM943225HMB wifi + bluetooth 3.0

Bluetooth is 0x0A5C 0x217D

not included in the kext so I've just dropped it in.

Reporting weird behavior:

Without this fw uploader

after first cold boot from power off wifi working, bluetooth is turned off (grayed out, can't turn on)

after first reboot bluetooth comes up but wifi performance gets almost unusable, 30kbps max and loads of dropped packets

With this fw uploader (here is the weirdest) behavior reverses, at first bt gets enabled but with very poor wifi performance and after reboot I loose bluetooth. Tried all 3 firmwares.

Anyone else dealing with the BCM943225HMB?

The kext does indeed make my bcm 94352 combo work on my asus g75vw but, I can only sleep once. If i try to sleep again it will just hang. I am stumped. I am guessing dsdt issue but I don't get why it would sleep once. I attached an IOREG dump and my dsdt if you could take a look? Thank you very much again for  prall your hard work with hackintoshes.

EDIT: Using toledo's kext in combination with yours using FW=3, I can sleep and connect my bluetooth devices. However, if I turn bluetooth off and go to sleep, it doesn't sleep and I have to forcefully turn it off. I think I'm close to solving it though. I think it could be xhc error with my usb controllers? I will update if I find anything else.

Never mind, I have fixed the problem now. I had to patch XHC and EHCI in my dsdt and now it works ok. By the way, I sent you a $15 donation. Thanks for your work

Azurewave AW-NB290H on lenovo G580 running Mavericks 10.9.2 reporting here, model is BCM943225HMB wifi + bluetooth 3.0

Bluetooth is 0x0A5C 0x217D

not included in the kext so I've just dropped it in.

Reporting weird behavior:

Without this fw uploader

after first cold boot from power off wifi working, bluetooth is turned off (grayed out, can't turn on)

after first reboot bluetooth comes up but wifi performance gets almost unusable, 30kbps max and loads of dropped packets

With this fw uploader (here is the weirdest) behavior reverses, at first bt gets enabled but with very poor wifi performance and after reboot I loose bluetooth. Tried all 3 firmwares.

Anyone else dealing with the BCM943225HMB?

Did you already remove the whitelist on the bios as lenovo likes using them. Try shutting it down, take out the battery and hold the power button for 10 seconds. Maybe that'll help

I had it whitelisted, before that the message "Unauthorized wireless controller..." halt at POST.

I tried your tip with no luck :(

I'm trying with different firmwares
Standalone=no
fw=0: no bluetooth, wifi works ok
fw=1: bluetooth works but wifi performance sucks
fw=2: no bluetooth, wifi works ok
fw=3: no bluetooth, wifi works ok

standalone=yes

fw=0: no bluetooth, wifi works ok
fw=1: no bluetooth, wifi works ok
fw=2: no bluetooth, wifi works ok
fw=3: no bluetooth, wifi works ok

after reboot same problem as before, bluetooth works but wifi performance sucks

conclusion: I think my wifi card's hardware is just crippled...