Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Thanks EMlyDinEsH,

I tried to put this kext in /Clover/Kexts/10.x and it says it uploads the firmware in Verbose but does not enable the card.  I have to have the kext in /S/L/E.  I was also concerned that on every boot it is updating the firmware.  Is it doing this on the hardware or updating the driver kext each time?  If so then great and if not is it such a good idea to flash firmware to the device on every boot?

Thanks

Thanks EMlyDinEsH,

I tried to put this kext in /Clover/Kexts/10.x and it says it uploads the firmware in Verbose but does not enable the card.  I have to have the kext in /S/L/E.  I was also concerned that on every boot it is updating the firmware.  Is it doing this on the hardware or updating the driver kext each time?  If so then great and if not is it such a good idea to flash firmware to the device on every boot?

Thanks

This is mandatory update needed even in Windows too and its applied to RAM so its not permanent and need to patch the firmware every boot which is fine.

Thanks for your work on this! Installed 2.5.2 and was able to get Bluetooth working on the Atheros 3012 combo card that came with my Dell XPS 8500! Saves me having to buy another adapter and use up a USB port! There was a slight delay after I rebooted before Bluetooth showed as available, but it did come up and I was able to pair a mouse.

What is your Bluetooth device id from System profiler USB section? Did you add your device id or already there in my kext? Send me your ioreg file using IORegistryExplorer v2.1 or lower so i can add it to my kext.

My system is currently not booting to Mavericks so I can't check that just yet. Presumably this is because I was playing around trying to improve my Clover SSDT settings, hopefully not because of the BT kext. But I found this thread by searching for the device ID. I believe it was the PID e004 you have listed. Dell calls it the 1703. I do have another question, though.

After installing this kext and it worked fine in Mavericks, now my Bluetooth mouse kept losing its connection after idle in Windows 8.1. This hadn't happened before. Now it wouldn't reconnect until I opened up the Bluetooth devices Metro control panel. I turned off the option to power the device off to save power in Device Manager to see if it made a difference. So far it seems to be behaving better. Now there's just a short delay waking up after idle. Keeping my fingers crossed this fixes it--but I have to ask, is there a way to make sure that the firmware upload does not impact Windows? If I change the settings to select a different firmware will that work?

Well, this firmware update/patch is applied to RAM and will be cleared on power down. You might see problems if you reboot from OSX to windows, so avoid doing that because windows might try to update its own firmware from the driver you have installed(otherwise update driver to latest version). PM me for new version of my kext to test.

Here's my ioreg file: ioreg.ioreg.zip

I switch frequently from OS X to Windows so really need this to work quickly. Having to bend down under my desk to reach the power button isn't helpful as part of the process. :-(

Oh, and regarding my current boot issue: I had issues booting even using my "known good" Clover off my install USB stick. When Mavericks boots it seems to boot up fine, then logs in automatically and promptly restarts. I checked the kernel panic logs and the first extension in backtrace is com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily. Unfortunately this seems to point fingers at this kext. I'm going to uninstall and see if my system works properly. This panic/restart doesn't happen every time, as the system booted now and I was able to pair my mouse. I can send my panic logs if it helps.

When it doesn't panic, I get messages during startup for BTFirmware Uploader : Failed to get device state, error. This is repeated three times with -536854449 twice and -536870163 once. Then it says "failed to patch the firmware" but apparently tries again as it eventually says "Successfully patched the firmware and loaded sysconfig into device" and then works.

I'm not using the wifi since as far as I know there are no drivers for this card. The only other nonstandard kexts I was running were FakeSMC and the patched AppleIntelCPUPM. I uninstalled the BTFirmwareUploader and it seems to be working fine at the moment. Bluetooth is also still working as I have only done restarts since doing that, no cold boots yet. 

Hi,

I have 10.8.5 installed with everything working except this AR3011 Bluetooth. AR9285 wifi works greatly.

I have problem after installing this kext, the bluetooth seems to be detected (BT icon appeared in system preferences) but cannot find/pair any bluetooth devices - my iPhone/apple BT keyboard.

In the System Info, it shows 0x0000 in VID and PID, however the actual info should be VID 3315  PID 12293 (VID_0CF3 PID_3005), is this the cause?

Also, if I use the original IOBluetoothFamily.kext from 10.8.5, the bluetooth cannot be enabled so I replaced it with an old version from the previous OS: v4.0.7.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.1.7f4 12974

Hardware Settings:

Address: 1C-65-9D-47-41-CB

Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros

Name: Zenbook

Firmware Version: 5.39321 (5.39321)

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: No

Remote wake: On

Vendor ID: 0x0000

Product ID: 0x0000