Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Is it possible to get the firmware uploader to work on bluetooth modules other than Atheros or Broadcom ones? If I boot into Windows 8.1 first and then use the advanced option to restart into Clover I have bluetooth upon booting into OS X. Obviously I would rather boot directly into OS X from the boot menu but if I do that then the bluetooth is disabled and has a squiggly line through it in the menu bar. 

Seeing as the Intel Bluetooth only works after booting into Windows I'm assuming the Windows driver uploads the firmware and rebooting into OS X keeps the firmware in memory so it works when OS X is booted.

Is there a way to upload the firmware to the Intel Bluetooth? Maybe make this uploader support Intel Bluetooth modules?

This is the combo bluetooth module located on the Intel 7260 WiFi card. I know the WiFi on this card doesn't work in OS X but the bluetooth part of it does seeing as it is connected by the USB bus on the M.2 connector.

I found some, maybe useful or not, information, EMlyDinEsH. When I let Yosemite upload the firmware it works okey but when I use El Cap firmware gets uploaded (I changed to IOUSBHostDevice in info.plist) but bluetooth is not working properly. It gets recognised but the icon is flashing in every 5 sec and you can't use bluetooth at all. What I found is that if I don't have a kext installed in El Cap and boot into Yosemite, the firmware gets uploaded and works fine and then I restart into El Cap bluetooth is working properly in El Capitan too. Just something I found out today by messing around.

Hello,

my bluetooth ar3011 works good but I have problems with my Apple Magic Mouse. I have 30 sec delays and mouse often stops working. Patch from first post doesn't work.

Can I post my logs? Maybe someone can help me. 

What boot loader are you using? I use Clover and for Mavericks the patch works okey and on Yosemite I don't even need a patch.

Hello,

I am struggling to get Bluetooth from my brand new AzureWave BCM94352HBM Wifi/BT Combo

My OSX version is 10.10.5

I've deleted all previous kext (brcmPatchRAM, Toleda.kext) and rebuild the cache using Kext Utility

I've installed the kext 1,8,5 with Kext Utility

and edited the two Info.plist by deleting all <key><dict> except 4352 HBM one

Still no chance, no bluetooth when accessing Bluetooth sharing which says "no bluetooth module"

I am booting with Clover.

Is there any mistake in my config process ? Any further ideas maybe ?

While booting Clover with -v arg i can see :

ARPT : 1.395356 srom rev:11

ARPT 1.483710 : wl0 : Broadcom BCM43b1, vendorID[0x14e4] BAR0[0xb7600004]

In OSX "About" System Info 

The Wifi shows

Model type : AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x2123)

firmware version : Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.15.166.24.3)

Thanks for any help.

Have a nice week-end

Hello everyone,

I have installed OSX 10.10.5 on my HP Probook 4540s that I have updated with a BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H Combo card. After the installation with Clover, I have installed drivers with HP Probook installer Clover 6.3.9.5. Everything works great but the Bluetooth doesn’t work at all. I have reinstalled the BrcmPatchRAM_v1.7 kext (because it is the one included in the HP ProBook Installer) with kext wizard and after repairing permissions and rebuilding the cache, well it works fine…till the computer restart. In Fact Bluetooth doesn’t work after a fresh restart but when the computer goes on sleep mode, and when I wake up the computer the Bluetooth works again…

Does anyone could help me to have the Bluetooth working after a fresh reboot?

Thanks

K1000dbw

PS: I have also tried the BTFirmwareUploader_v2.8.5_Final.kext but it doesn’t work even after a “sleep/wake-up†cycle.

PPS: I can see with IORegistryExplorer that the  PID is 0x3404 and VID is 0x13d3 which seems to be common.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'am still very noob on this, according most of the people i have unlucky bcm94360cd with BCM20702A0 chips.

Are you able to make this work?

BCM20702A0:

Product ID: 0x22be

Vendor ID: 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.)

Version: 1.12

Serial Number: 000000000000

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

Location ID: 0x14b00000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Built-In: Yes