Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

No luck for me. I'm running the asus BCM4352 (asus rampage iv black mobo) and I installed 2.8.5 using kext drop. I confirmed it installed to system/library/extension and tried deleting and reinstalling, repairing disk permissions, and even double checked my vid and pid ids from windows are in the info.plist files in both locations

I used the 5ghz wifi script and 5ghz wifi is working great but if I look at Bluetooth in system report it says "no information found". I confirmed Bluetooth is enabled in bios.

Anyone have any ideas?

I just upgrade to 10.10.5 on a Dell e6410 and I am using Broadcom BCM94352HMB (which is pulled from a Asus Z97i motherboard). I have no problem with the WIFI and the BT. I also use Clover to boot and I set up my e6410 as MacBook Air 5.2

I basically follow https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-minito enable the 5G and the handoff, and I use the BT firmware uploader here to enable the BT. Here are the pasted output from system report.

Interfaces:

en1:

Card Type: AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x855C)

Firmware Version: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.15.166.24.3)

Locale: FCC

Country Code: US

Supported PHY Modes: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac

Supported Channels: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140, 144, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165

Wake On Wireless: Supported

AirDrop: Supported

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.3.6f3 16238

Hardware, Features, and Settings:

Name: e6410

Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes

Handoff Supported: Yes

Instant Hotspot Supported: Yes

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Transport: USB

Chipset: 20702A3

Firmware Version: v14 c5565

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Off

Connectable: Yes

Auto Seek Pointing: Off

Remote wake: On

Vendor ID: 0x0B05

Product ID: 0x17CF

HCI Version: 0x6

HCI Revision: 0x15BD

LMP Version: 0x6

LMP Subversion: 0x220E

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Mac Portable

Composite Class Of Device: 0x38010C

Device Class (Major): 0x01

Device Class (Minor): 0x03

Service Class: 0x1C0

Auto Seek Keyboard: Off

I used the link on here to get 5ghz wifi working but nothing on Bluetooth. I never installed any other type of Bluetooth kext or injector. I just installed using kext drop and reboot but nothing. I tried all of the Kexts on here, deleting and rebooting before I try another.

Hello my problem is similar like this. And I have errors in syslog:

18.08.15 14:33:57,000 kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Broadcom WiFi/BT combo Bluetooth controller found
18.08.15 14:33:57,000 kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: ProductID 0x21fb, VendorID 0xa5c
18.08.15 14:33:57,000 kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to reset the device
18.08.15 14:33:57,000 kernel[0]: BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to initialize the device.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried to send the logs requested via pm but it wouldn't let me saying they can't receive any new messages. I posted the error message but my post was deleted. I don't understand why it's not working for me yet the WiFi is working great.

Ok so I plugged in a spare usb Bluetooth dongle I had and it works with the vanilla Yosemite 10.10.5 bluetooth. I then loaded the 2.8.5 kext from here using kext drop and rebooted but my bcm43xx Bluetooth won't work even though wifi does. Anyone? Any ideas? Even what logs to look at? Another solution I could try? Anything?

• Administrators

is that the original card to your laptop? some laptops do not have the usb pins needed on the pci-e slot for BT to function and some need a pin taped to work because it sends a signal to turn off the BT if connected in a normal manner.

Thanks for the job,

Il installed the 2.8.5 version of the downloader fot my AR5B195 mini PCI card. Wifi works just fine but I have issues for BT : I have the icon on the top bar, I can see the computer in the BT connection pan of My MBAir but I can't pair it, it fails, also on the BT connection pan of the computer with the AR5B195 (Hackintosh based on X79s-up5 wifi MB) I don't see any BT devices... If I try to connect my android smartphone, I can see the Hackintosh in the list and I can't pair it. I did the things suggested like removing com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and removed BT PAN from network prefpane interface list. No success.

Also I tried 

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0F\x85\x07\x01|\x0F\x84\x07\x01|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

And it returned :

Can't open /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport: No such file or directory.

Any idea ?

Thanks !