Bluetooth Firmware Uploader

EMlyDinEsH

Upd: version 2.7 is working, but I can't turn off device from Mac. Is it normal?

For Atheros BT  you can't turn off as they are controlled by Generic Bluetooth driver unlike Broadcom which has dedicated driver so its normal. You can disable BT only if you have hardware buttons like Fn keys.

Hello, everyone

I have next message when I use this kext (2.8)

BTFirmwareUploader :: Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth detected

Bluetooth Firmware Uploader v2.8 Final Copyright © EMlyDinEsH 2012-2015.

BTFirmwareUploader :: ProductID 0x3006, VendorID 0x4ca

BTFirmwareUploader :: HCI command request failed with error (0xe0004051)

BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to get device state, may be its not ready yet.

BTFirmwareUploader :: Failed to patch the firmware.

How to fix it?

Can you me PM so i can debug and see?

Hi, I am trying to get my bluetooth working.  I have an Atheros AR9462 combo wifi/bluetooth in my Acer S3-391 laptop.  The bluetooth is recognized as an AR3012, with Product ID E056 and Vendor ID 489.  I know the wifi is not supported, but the bluetooth just needs the firmware uploaded.  I first tried your kext with the default Linux fw as 'YES' in the info.plist, but that caused the bluetooth to not be recognized at all.  I then set the value to 'NO', which allows the device to be recognized.  But it seems the kext is expecting a value for the Windows fw, even though it seems that is not selectable for the AR3012 (based on my system log).  I have attached some screen grabs and my ioreg output.

Gavin's MacBook Pro.zip

AR3012.tiff

Console.tiff

I am also uploading two screen grabs.  One of the Bluetooth device after soft booting following a boot into Windows, and one after a cold boot in Yosemite.  One difference I noticed was that the firmware version loaded after the softboot (6.4354), is different than what is loaded without booting Windows first (7.4354).

No Inject softboot after Windows.tiff

No Inject coldboot.tiff

Hi guys,

I'm on 10.10.3 and have a Broadcom bluetooth chip (VID: 0B05, PID: 17CF) which I can't seem to get to work.

What I have done:

1. Downloaded BTFirmwareUploader.zip
  2. Unzipped the file and placed the .kext on my desktop
  3. Used kextbeast to install the BTFirmware.kext 
  4. Reboot

My Apple Trackpad is not found by the system though. Is there something I'm missing? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Hi guys,

I'm on 10.10.3 and have a Broadcom bluetooth chip (VID: 0B05, PID: 17CF) which I can't seem to get to work.

What I have done:

1. Downloaded BTFirmwareUploader.zip
  2. Unzipped the file and placed the .kext on my desktop
  3. Used kextbeast to install the BTFirmware.kext 
  4. Reboot

My Apple Trackpad is not found by the system though. Is there something I'm missing? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Try the new version 2.8.5 and see, if you still have issues then get me files i asked in bug reporting.

I am also uploading two screen grabs.  One of the Bluetooth device after soft booting following a boot into Windows, and one after a cold boot in Yosemite.  One difference I noticed was that the firmware version loaded after the softboot (6.4354), is different than what is loaded without booting Windows first (7.4354).

My kext updates the firmware so it changes from that 6.x to 7.x

Thanks Dinesh Bro..! i've enclosed IOReg & System Info...

Awaiting eagerly to get my BT works..!   :)

Sorry for late reply, i dont see your BT device in ioreg. can you do rest BIOS and remove battery then do a clean boot and get me your system log/ioreg?